Mudanças estruturais do emprego na economia brasileira: 1996 e 2002 comparados
[Structural changes in employment in the economy: 1996 and 2002 compared]
AbstractWith the implementation, in 1994, of the Real plan in the Brazilian economy, and the consequent price stabilization, the analysis of structural aspects of the economy has gained importance. Among these aspects, considering the needs for labor absorption in the economy, one of the main concerns relates to the question of employment. This paper deals with it by making an analysis of the changes in the employ distribution relating to modifications of productive structure in the Brazilian economy, between 1996 and 2002. The analytical method used input-output matrices and its correspondent theory. The efforts concentrated on input-output matrix construction for the year 2002 and comparative analysis, applying several techniques and parameters. A series of indicators were estimated, this allowed to make an analysis about the structural aspects of the Brazilian economy and to relate it with the employment changes occurred in the period being considered.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 31514.
Date of creation: 2007
Date of revision:
Productive Structure; Employment; Input-Output;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- R15 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Econometric and Input-Output Models; Other Methods
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Clements, Benedict J., 1990. "On the decomposition and normalization of interindustry linkages," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 337-340, August.
- Guilhoto, J. J. M. & Sonis, M. & Hewings, G. J. D., 2005. "Linkages and Multipliers in a Multiregional Framework: Integration of Alternative Approaches," MPRA Paper 38213, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guilhoto, J. J. M. & Sesso Filho, U. A., 2005.
"Estimação da Matriz Insumo-Produto a Partir De Dados Preliminares das Contas Nacionais
[Estimation of input-output matrix using preliminary data from national accounts]," MPRA Paper 38212, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.