Linkages and Multipliers in a Multiregional Framework: Integration of Alternative Approaches
AbstractIn this paper, two literatures that have explored the structure of economies are brought together. In the first case, the approaches to key sector identification (initially associated with Hirschman and Rasmussen) that were modified by Cella, Clements and Rossi and Guilhoto et al. to reveal what may be referred to a pure linkage approach are related to the concerns of Miyazawa and his identification of internal and external multiplier effects. While Miyazawa was interested mainly in identifying the sources of change in an economy, his approach shares considerable commonality with the new ideas in key sector identification in which a sector or set of sectors are separated from the rest of the economy. Hence, in both cases, a decomposition of the economy needs to be considered; the present paper reveals the similarity of perspective and provides the formal link between the two methodologies.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 38213.
Date of creation: 2005
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D57 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Input-Output Tables and Analysis
- R15 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Econometric and Input-Output Models; Other Methods
- C67 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Input-Output Models
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sonis, Michael & Hewings, Geoffrey J.D., 1993. "Hierarchies of Regional Sub-Structures and Their Multipliers within Input-output Systems Miyazawa Revisited," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 34(1), pages 33-44, June.
- Eduardo Haddad & Michael Sonis & Geoffrey J. D. Hewings, 1996. "A typology of propagation of changes on the structure of a multiregional economic system: the case of the European Union, 1975-1985," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 30(4), pages 391-408.
- Takasago, Milene & Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins & Mollo, Maria de Lourdes Rollemberg & Andrade, Joaquim Pinto de, 2010.
"O potencial criador de emprego e renda do turismo no Brasil
[The potential to create employment and income from tourism in Brazil]," MPRA Paper 30693, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Barros, Gustavo & Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins, 2011. "The regional economic structure of Brazil in 1959: an overview based on an inter-State input-output system," MPRA Paper 32268, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Joaquim José Martins Guilhoto & Umberto Antonio Sesso Filho, 2003. "The Productive Structure of the Amazon Region States and the Rest of Brazil: a Comparative Study Using an Interregional Input-Output System," Anais do XXXI Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 31th Brazilian Economics Meeting] e29, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Sergio Castelani & Joaquim Guilhoto & Danilo Igliori, 2013. "The Impacts Of Local Demands, Urbanization And Amazonian Metropolitan Regions Over Deforestation On Brazilian Amazon," ERSA conference papers ersa13p1213, European Regional Science Association.
- Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins & Sesso Filho, Umberto Antonio, 2005.
"Visualizing Input-Output Data: Some New Techniques Applied to the Amazon Region,"
38313, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins & Sesso Filho, Umberto Antonio, 2005. "Visualizing Input-Output Data: Some New Techniques Applied to the Amazon Region," Investigaciones Regionales, Asociación Española de Ciencia Regional, issue 7, pages 141-152.
- Martins, Paulo do Carmo & Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins, 2001.
"Leite e derivados e a geração de emprego, renda e ICMS no contexto da economia brasileira
[Milk and dairy products and the generation of employment, income and ICMS in the context of the Brazilia," MPRA Paper 42631, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Casimiro Filho, Francisco & Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins, 2003.
"Matriz de insumo-produto para a economia turística brasileira: construção e análise das relações intersetoriais
[Input-output matrix for the Brazilian tourism economy: construction and analys," MPRA Paper 37963, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guilhoto, J. J. M. & Sesso Filho, U. A., 2005.
"Estimação da Matriz Insumo-Produto a Partir De Dados Preliminares das Contas Nacionais
[Estimation of input-output matrix using preliminary data from national accounts]," MPRA Paper 38212, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Joaquim J.M. Guilhoto & Umberto Antonio Sesso Filho, 2003.
"An Overview of the Productive Structure of the Amazon Region: Using the Eyes of an Interregional Input-Output System,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa03p534, European Regional Science Association.
- Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins & Sesso Filho, Umberto Antonio, 2005. "An Overview of the Productive Structure of the Amazon Region: Using the Eyes of an Interregional Input-Output System," MPRA Paper 38039, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Furtuoso, Maria Cristina Ortiz & Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins, 2000.
"A Estrutura Produtiva da Economia Brasileira e o Agronegócio: 1980 a 1995
[The Production Structure of Brazilian Economy and Agribusiness: 1980 to 1995]," MPRA Paper 43069, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rossana Lott Rodrigues & João Carlos Lopes & João Dias & Antonio Carlos Moretto, 2013. "Structural changes and external vulnerabilities in the Brazilian economy: 1995-2009," Working Papers Department of Economics 2013/13, ISEG - School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, University of Lisbon.
- Imori, Denise & Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins & David, Leticia Scretas & Gutierre, Leopoldo Millan & Waisman, Caio, 2011. "The development of the brazilian amazon region and greenhouse gases emission: a dilemma to be faced!," MPRA Paper 31132, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cardoso, Carlos Estevão Leite & Guilhoto, Joaquim J. M., 2003.
"Impactos da substituição de importações de produtos agrícolas e agroindustriais na economia brasileira
[Impacts of the import substitution of agricultural and agroindustrials products in the b," MPRA Paper 30689, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ichihara, Silvio Massaru & Guilhoto, Joaquim J.M. & Amorim, Márcio Guerra, 2007.
"Mudanças estruturais do emprego na economia brasileira: 1996 e 2002 comparados
[Structural changes in employment in the economy: 1996 and 2002 compared]," MPRA Paper 31514, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins, 2011.
"Análise de Insumo-Produto: Teoria e Fundamentos
[Input-Output Analysis: Theory and Foundations]," MPRA Paper 32566, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Costa, C. C. C. & Burnquist, H. L. & Guilhoto, J. J. M., 2006. "Relations Of The Regional Cane Agroindustry With The National Economy: Analysis Applied To The Center-South And North-Northeast," MPRA Paper 38069, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gutierre, Leopoldo M. & Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins & Nogueira, Tatiana A., 2012.
"Estrutura produtiva, de consumo e de formação de renda brasileira: uma análise de insumo-produto para o ano de 2008
[Productive structure, consumption and Brazilian income formation: an analysis," MPRA Paper 46956, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.