Progress on the Development of an Interregional Computable General Equilibrium Model for Lebanon: The Input-Output System
AbstractThe main goal of this paper is to present the recent developments in the construction of an interregional input-output matrix for Lebanon (IIOM-LIBAN), in the context of an ongoing project that aims to develop an interregional computable general equilibrium (ICGE) model for the country – “The ARZ Project”. The understanding of the functioning of the Lebanese regional economies within an integrated system is one of the main goals of the ARZ Project. By exploring different methods of comparative structure analysis, it is hoped that this initial exercise will benefit from the complementarity among them, resulting in a better appreciation of the full dimensions of differences and similarities that exist among the governorates in Lebanon.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of São Paulo (FEA-USP) in its series Working Papers, Department of Economics with number 2012_12.
Date of creation: 10 Aug 2012
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Av. Professor Luciano Gualberto, 908 - CEP 05508-900 São Paulo - SP
Web page: http://www.fea.usp.br/feaecon/
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C67 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Input-Output Models
- D57 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Input-Output Tables and Analysis
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
- R15 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Econometric and Input-Output Models; Other Methods
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-09-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2012-09-09 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-CMP-2012-09-09 (Computational Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter B. Dixon & Maureen T. Rimmer, 2004. "Disaggregation of results from a detailed general equilibrium model of the US to the State level," Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers g-145, Victoria University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
- Haddad, Eduardo A. & Garcia Samaniego, Juan Manuel & Porsse, Alexandre A. & Ochoa Jimenez, Diego Alejandro & Ochoa Moreno, Wilman Santiago & Souza, Luiz Gustavo Antonio, 2011.
"Interregional input-ouptut system for Ecuador, 2007: methodology and results,"
32927, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eduardo A. Haddad & Juan M. G. Samaniego, Alexandre A. Porsse, Diego Ochoa, Santiago Ochoa, Luiz G. A. de Souza, 2011. "Interregional Input-Ouptut System for Ecuador, 2007: Methodology and Results," Working Papers, Department of Economics 2011_08, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
- Eduardo Haddad & Michael Sonis & Geoffrey J. D. Hewings, 1996. "A typology of propagation of changes on the structure of a multiregional economic system: the case of the European Union, 1975-1985," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 30(4), pages 391-408.
- Eduardo A. Haddad, 2012.
"Spatial Perspectives of Improving Competition in Lebanon,"
Working Papers, Department of Economics
2012_13, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
- Eduardo Haddad, 2012. "Spatial Perspectives of Improving Competition in Lebanon," ERSA conference papers ersa12p857, European Regional Science Association.
- Eduardo A. Haddad & Yasuhide Okuyama, 2012.
"Spatial Propagation of the Economic Impacts of Bombing: The Case of the 2006 War in Lebanon,"
Working Papers, Department of Economics
2012_19, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
- Eduardo Amaral Haddad & Yasuhide Okuyama, 2014. "Spatial Propagation Of The Economicimpacts Of Bombing: The Case Of The 2006 War In Lebanon," Anais do XL Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 40th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 166, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Pedro Garcia Duarte).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.