A typology of propagation of changes on the structure of a multiregional economic system: the case of the European Union, 1975-1985
AbstractThe effects of structural change in all sectors of some regions in multiregional input-output systems are explored in this paper. For each region, the changes in direct inputs are decomposed into a matrix of intraregional changes and a matrix of interregional backward linkage changes. This distinction provides for a decomposition of changes in the Leontief inverse into a sum of matrices representing the matrices of intraregional and interregional fields of influence of changes. In turn, this process facilitates the identification of changes in gross outputs that may be traced to changes in intra- and interregional structural changes. The analysis is applied to the European input-output tables for 1975 and 1985.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal The Annals of Regional Science.
Volume (Year): 30 (1996)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Note: Received: 12 June 1996 / Accepted: 3 September 1996
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00168/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Guilhoto, J. J. M. & Sonis, M. & Hewings, G. J. D., 2005. "Linkages and Multipliers in a Multiregional Framework: Integration of Alternative Approaches," MPRA Paper 38213, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Holz, Carsten A., 2011. "The unbalanced growth hypothesis and the role of the state: The case of China's state-owned enterprises," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(2), pages 220-238, November.
- Eduardo A. Haddad, 2012. "Progress on the Development of an Interregional Computable General Equilibrium Model for Lebanon: The Input-Output System," Working Papers, Department of Economics 2012_12, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.