A Estrutura Produtiva da Economia Brasileira e o Agronegócio: 1980 a 1995
[The Production Structure of Brazilian Economy and Agribusiness: 1980 to 1995]
AbstractDespite the consensus on the importance of systemic analysis in agriculture, there seems to be little agreement in the economic literature regarding the design of agribusiness. In this work, new perspectives are presented as the identification and measurement method agribusiness. Based on the input-product of Brazil from 1980 to 1995, the structure of production and agribusiness was analyzed. In this context, we made use of various terms used to determine key sectors within a economy and design of a new method of identifying the components of the agribusiness. The analyzes reveal prominent position for Brazilian agriculture, both as plaintiff sector inputs from other sectors of the economy, and for the supply of inputs. Moreover, the results also indicate the growing importance of service activities within the economy in screen.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 43069.
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
Economia brasileira; insumo-produto; agonegócio;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D57 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Input-Output Tables and Analysis
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
- R15 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Econometric and Input-Output Models; Other Methods
- C67 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Input-Output Models
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cella, Guido, 1984. "The Input-Output Measurement of Interindustry Linkages," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 46(1), pages 73-84, February.
- Joaquim J.M. Guilhoto & Alfredo E. Picerno, 1995. "Estrutura produtiva, setores-chave e multiplicadores setoriais: Brasil e Uruguai comparados," Revista Brasileira de Economia, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil), vol. 49(1), pages 35-62, January.
- Baer, Werner & da Fonseca, Manuel A. R. & Guilhoto, Joaquim J. M., 1987. "Structural changes in Brazil's industrial economy, 1960-1980," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 275-286, February.
- Clements, Benedict J., 1990. "On the decomposition and normalization of interindustry linkages," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 337-340, August.
- Guilhoto, J. J. M. & Sonis, M. & Hewings, G. J. D., 2005. "Linkages and Multipliers in a Multiregional Framework: Integration of Alternative Approaches," MPRA Paper 38213, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fachinelli, Angel dos Santos & Moretto, Antonio Carlos & Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins & Rodrigues, Rossana Lott & Sesso Filho, Umberto Antonio, 2012.
"Multiplicador de emprego e salário: estudo comparativo para a região sul e restante do Brasil em 1999 e 2004
[Multiplier of employment and wages: a comparative study for southern region and the r," MPRA Paper 40607, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cardoso, Carlos Estevão Leite & Guilhoto, Joaquim J. M., 2003.
"Impactos da substituição de importações de produtos agrícolas e agroindustriais na economia brasileira
[Impacts of the import substitution of agricultural and agroindustrials products in the b," MPRA Paper 30689, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.