A New Keynesian Phillips curve for Tunisia : Estimation and analysis of sensitivity
AbstractIn this paper, we study some empirical issues in the estimation of a New-Keynesian Phillips curve for Tunisia. In this purpose, we compare the performance of the strict and hybrid forms in the validation of data. In addition, we try to establish the sensitivity of the Phillips curve estimation to some empirical speci�cations. It includes the measures to be used for the output gap variable, as well as the implementation of the generalized method of moments for the estimation of this curve.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 29624.
Date of creation: 10 Nov 2010
Date of revision:
monetary policy; New Keynesian Phillips curve; Inflation; sensitivity; Tunisia;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models &bull Diffusion Processes
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-03-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2011-03-26 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-CBA-2011-03-26 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2011-03-26 (Macroeconomics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bjørnland, Hilde C. & Brubakk, Leif & Jore, Anne Sofie, 2006.
"Forecasting inflation with an uncertain output gap,"
11/2006, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Hilde Bjørnland & Leif Brubakk & Anne Jore, 2008. "Forecasting inflation with an uncertain output gap," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 35(3), pages 413-436, November.
- Hilde C. Bjørnland & Leif Brubakk & Anne Sofie Jore, 2006. "Forecasting inflation with an uncertain output gap," Working Paper 2006/02, Norges Bank.
- James M. Nason & Gregor W. Smith, 2005.
"Identifying the New Keynesian Phillips Curve,"
1026, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Ulf Söderström & Paul Söderlind & Anders Vredin, 2005.
"New-Keynesian Models and Monetary Policy: A Re-examination of the Stylized Facts,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 107(3), pages 521-546, 09.
- Söderström, Ulf & Söderlind, Paul & Vredin, Anders, 2002. "New-Keynesian Models and Monetary Policy: A Reexamination of the Stylized Facts," Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 511, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 15 Aug 2003.
- Baghli, M. & Bouthevilain, C. & De Bandt, O. & Fraisse, H. & Le Bihan, H. & Rousseaux, P., 2002. "PIB potentiel et écart de PIB : quelques évaluations pour la France," Working papers 89, Banque de France.
- Jeffrey C. Fuhrer & Giovanni P. Olivei, 2004.
"Estimating forward looking Euler equations with GMM estimators: an optimal instruments approach,"
04-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Jeffrey C. Fuhrer & Giovanni P. Olivei, 2005. "Estimating forward-looking Euler equations with GMM estimators: an optimal-instruments approach," Proceedings, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), pages 87-114.
- Alexei Onatski & Noah Williams, 2010.
"Empirical and policy performance of a forward-looking monetary model,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(1), pages 145-176.
- Alexei Onatski & Noah Williams, 2004. "Empirical and policy performance of a forward-looking monetary model," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Mar.
- Jordi Galí & Mark Gertler & David López-Salido, 2005.
"Robustness of the Estimates of the Hybrid New Keynesian Phillips Curve,"
Banco de Espaï¿½a Working Papers
0520, Banco de Espa�a.
- Gali, Jordi & Gertler, Mark & David Lopez-Salido, J., 2005. "Robustness of the estimates of the hybrid New Keynesian Phillips curve," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(6), pages 1107-1118, September.
- Jordi Galí & Mark Gertler & J. David López-Salido, 2001. "Robustness of the Estimates of the Hybrid New Keynesian Phillips Curve," Working Papers 44, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Jordi Gali & Mark Gertler & David Lopez-Salido, 2005. "Robustness of the Estimates of the Hybrid New Keynesian Phillips Curve," NBER Working Papers 11788, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.