Error Correction Model of the Demand for Money in Pakistan
AbstractThe paper estimated dynamic demand for money (Currency) function for Pakistan. it is concluded that in the long run money demand depends on income, rate of inflation and bond rate. The rate of Inflation and rate of interst on deposits emerged as important determinant of money demand in the short run. Moreover dynamic model remans stable througtout the study period.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 2582.
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision: 1998
Publication status: Published in he Kashmir Eonomic Review 1-2.6(1998): pp. 53-65
Error Correction; Cointegration; Unit root; money demand; Pakistan;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E41 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Demand for Money
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lewis, Kenneth A & Breen, Francis F, 1975. "Empirical Issues in the Demand for Currency: A Multinational Study," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 30(4), pages 1065-79, September.
- Johansen, S., 1991.
"Testing Weak Exogeneity and the Order of Cointegration in UK Money Demand Data,"
78, Helsinki - Department of Economics.
- Johansen, Soren, 1992. "Testing weak exogeneity and the order of cointegration in UK money demand data," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 313-334, June.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Qayyum, Abdul, 2005.
"Modelling the Demand for Money in Pakistan,"
2057, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2005.
- Siffat Mushtaq & Abdul Rashid & Abdul Qayyum, 2012.
"On the Welfare Cost of Inflation: The Case of Pakistan,"
The Pakistan Development Review,
Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 51(1), pages 61-96.
- Mushtaq, Siffat & Rashid, Abdul & Qayyum, Abdul, 2013. "On the Welfare Cost of Inflation: The Case of Pakistan," MPRA Paper 47549, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Adnan Haider & Asad Jan & Kalim Hyder, 2013.
"On the (Ir)Relevance of Monetary Aggregate Targeting in Pakistan: An Eclectic View,"
Lahore Journal of Economics,
Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 18(2), pages 65-119, July-Dec.
- Haider, Adnan & Jan, Asad & Hyder, Kalim, 2012. "On the (IR) Relevance of Monetary Aggregate Targeting in Pakistan: An Eclectic View," MPRA Paper 43422, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.