The Transatlantic Economy Dollar vs Euro relations amid the Global Financial Crisis
AbstractThe present study intends to describe and analyze recent trends in foreign exchange markets, specifically the United States Dollar and the Euro relations as well as the fundamentals behind monetary assets. It brings to light the relationship between economic variables and monetary policy as well as the importance of geostrategic positions and power. Fundamentally, it analyzes the current financial crisis and the importance of monetary decisions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 22362.
Date of creation: 15 Dec 2008
Date of revision: 30 Dec 2008
Monetary Policy; Economy; Transatlantic; Dollar; Euro; Financial Crisis; Foreign Exchange; Markets; Market; Money; Currencies; Currency;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O42 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Monetary Growth Models
- E0 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General
- P43 - Economic Systems - - Other Economic Systems - - - Finance; Public Finance
- A1 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics
- O5 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies
- N2 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions
- O16 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- E4 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Carmen M. Reinhart, 2002.
"Fear Of Floating,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press,
MIT Press, vol. 117(2), pages 379-408, May.
- Alan Ahearne & William R. Cline & Kyung Tae Lee & Yung Chul Park & Jean Pisani-Ferry & John Williamson, 2007.
"Global Imbalances: Time for Action,"
Policy Briefs, Peterson Institute for International Economics
PB07-4, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Alan Ahearne & Jean Pisani-Ferry, 2006. "The Euro: only for the agile," Policy Briefs 42, Bruegel.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.