Economic growth and currency crisis: A real exchange rate entropic approach
AbstractWe propose a country classification of economic growth currency crisis consequences based on the entropic analysis of the real exchange rate. We show that this ranking is highly correlated with the annual minimum rate of growth, a proxy used to quantify real currency crisis effects.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 211.
Date of creation: 2005
Date of revision: 2006
currency crises; entropy; growth effects of currency crises;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C82 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Macroeconomic Data
- F40 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - General
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-10-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2006-10-14 (Central Banking)
- NEP-FDG-2006-10-14 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-FMK-2006-10-14 (Financial Markets)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Reinhart, Carmen & Kaminsky, Graciela & Vegh, Carlos, 2003.
"The unholy trinity of financial contagion,"
13878, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dimitris Christopoulos, 2004. "Currency devaluation and output growth: new evidence from panel data analysis," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 11(13), pages 809-813.
- J. Pérez, 2005. "Empirical identification of currency crises: differences and similarities between indicators," Applied Financial Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 41-46, January.
- Rigobon, Roberto, 2003. "On the measurement of the international propagation of shocks: is the transmission stable?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 261-283, December.
- Abdul Abiad, 2003. "Early Warning Systems: A Survey and a Regime-Switching Approach," IMF Working Papers 03/32, International Monetary Fund.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.