Determinants Of Investme??T Flows In U.S. Manufacturing
AbstractThe purpose of the paper is to test the long-run steady state of growth factors hypothesized to influence U.S. manufacturing investment flows. These factors include agglomeration, market structure, labor, infrastructure, and fiscal policy. Spatial cross-regressive and spatial Durbin models are used to measure the spatial interaction of investment flows. Spatial spillovers are found to be of a competitive nature at the state level, implying that a factor which attracts more investment to a particular state is associated with lower investments in neighboring states. Investment flows to states with higher market demand, more productive labor, and more localized agglomeration of manufacturing activity.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Purdue University, College of Agriculture, Department of Agricultural Economics in its series Working Papers with number 09-10.
Length: 27 pages
Date of creation: 2009
Date of revision:
manufacturing; investment; spatial Durbin model;
Other versions of this item:
- Brown, Jason P. & Florax, Raymond J. G. M. & McNamara, Kevin T., 2009. "Determinants of Investment Flows in U.S. Manufacturing?," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 39(3), pages 269-86.
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- R30 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yihua Yu & Li Zhang & Fanghua Li & Xinye Zheng, 2013. "Strategic interaction and the determinants of public health expenditures in China: a spatial panel perspective," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 50(1), pages 203-221, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Debby Weber).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.