Industrial Location At A Local Level: Comments On The Territorial Level Of The Analysis
AbstractThis paper contributes to the existing literature on industrial location by discussing the territorial levels that are used in location analysis. We use data for new manufacturing firms and analyse the advantages and disadvantages of performing location analyses at three levels: municipality, county and travel-to-work areas. We show that location determinants vary according to the territorial level used in the analysis and conclude that the level at which the investigation is performed should be carefully selected. Copyright (c) 2008 by the Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG in its journal Tijdschrift voor economische en sociale geografie.
Volume (Year): 99 (2008)
Issue (Month): 2 (04)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0040-747X
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Federico Pablo-Marti & Josep Maria Arauzo-Carod, 2011. "Cluster Analysis using Microgreographic data," ERSA conference papers ersa11p284, European Regional Science Association.
- AndrÃ©s Artal Tur & JosÃ© Miguel Navarro AzorÃn & MarÃa Luisa AlamÃ¡ Sabater & Antonio GarcÃa SÃ¡nchez, 2011. "The Role Of Destination Spatial Spillovers And Technological Intensity In The Location Of Manufacturing And Servicesâ´ Firms," ERSA conference papers ersa11p777, European Regional Science Association.
- Josep-Maria Arauzo-Carod & Miguel Manjón-Antolín, 2012.
"(Optimal) spatial aggregation in the determinants of industrial location,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 645-658, October.
- Arauzo Carod, Josep Maria & Manjón Antolín, Miguel C., 2009. "(Optimal) Spatial Aggregation in the Determinants of Industrial Location," Working Papers 2072/42866, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Josep-Maria Arauzo-Carod, 2013.
"Location Determinants of New Firms: Does Skill Level of Human Capital Really Matter?,"
Growth and Change,
Gatton College of Business and Economics, University of Kentucky, vol. 44(1), pages 118-148, 03.
- Arauzo Carod, Josep Maria, 2011. "Location Determinants of New Firms: Does Skill Level of Human Capital Really Matter?," Working Papers 2072/152136, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Pablo Martí, Federico & Arauzo Carod, Josep Maria, 2010. "Spatial distribution of economic activities: an empirical approach usingself-organizing maps," Working Papers 2072/148482, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Luisa Alamá-Sabater & Andrés Artal-Tur & José Navarro-Azorín, 2011. "Industrial location, spatial discrete choice models and the need to account for neighbourhood effects," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 393-418, October.
- Martínez Ibáñez, Óscar & Manjón Antolín, Miguel C. & Arauzo Carod, Josep Maria, 2012.
"The Geographical Scope of Industrial Location Determinants: An Alternative Approach,"
2072/212205, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Oscar Martinez Ibañez & Miguel Manjón Antolín & Josep-Maria Arauzo-Carod, 2013. "The Geographical Scope of Industrial Location Determinants: An Alternative Approach," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 104(2), pages 194-214, 04.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.