The Rights-Egalitarian Solution for NTU Sharing Problems
AbstractThe purpose of this paper is to extend the Rights Egalitarian solution (Herrero, Maschler & Villar, 1999) to the context of non-transferable utility sharing problems. Such an extension is not unique. Depending on the kind of properties we want to preserve we obtain two different generalizations. One is the "proportional solution", that corresponds to the Kalai-Smorodinsky solution for surplus sharing problems and the solution in Herrero (1998) for rationing problems. The other is the "Nash solution” that corresponds to the standard Nash bargaining solution for surplus sharing problems and the Nash rationing solution (Mariotti & Villar (2005) for the case of rationing problems.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 09.01.
Length: 18 pages
Date of creation: Jan 2009
Date of revision:
Sharing problems; rights egalitarian solution; NTU problems.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-02-14 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sergiu Hart, 2003.
"An Axiomatization of the Consistent Non-Transferable Utility Value,"
Discussion Paper Series
dp337, The Center for the Study of Rationality, Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
- Sergiu Hart, 2005. "An axiomatization of the consistent non-transferable utility value," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 355-366, 09.
- Carmen Herrero Blanco, 1993.
"Endogenous Reference Points And The Adjusted Proportional Solution For Bargaining Problems With Claims,"
Working Papers. Serie AD
1993-13, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Carmen Herrero, 1997. "Endogenous reference points and the adjusted proportional solution for bargaining problems with claims," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 113-119.
- Borm, Peter, et al, 1992.
"The Compromise Value for NTU-Games,"
International Journal of Game Theory,
Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 175-89.
- Borm, P.E.M. & Keiding, H. & McLean, R.P. & Oortwijn, S. & Tijs, S.H., 1992. "The compromise value for NTU-games," Discussion Paper 1992-18, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Borm, P. & Keiding, H. & McLean, R.P., 1992. "The Compromise Value for NTU-Games," Papers 9218, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Borm, P.E.M. & Keiding, H. & McLean, R.P. & Oortwijn, S. & Tijs, S.H., 1992. "The compromise value for NTU-games," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-154213, Tilburg University.
- Chun, Youngsub & Thomson, William, 1992.
"Bargaining problems with claims,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 19-33, August.
- Maschler, M & Owen, G, 1989. "The Consistent Shapley Value for Hyperplane Games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 18(4), pages 389-407.
- Kalai, Ehud & Smorodinsky, Meir, 1975. "Other Solutions to Nash's Bargaining Problem," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 43(3), pages 513-18, May.
- Marco Mariotti & Antonio Villar, 2005. "The Nash rationing problem," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 367-377, 09.
- Nash, John, 1950. "The Bargaining Problem," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 18(2), pages 155-162, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rocío Fernández).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.