Applying Heterogeneous Transition Models in Labour Economics: The Role of Youth Training in labour Market transitions
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics, University of Leicester in its series Discussion Papers in Public Sector Economics with number 99/5.
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Department of Economics University of Leicester, University Road. Leicester. LE1 7RH. UK
Phone: +44 (0)116 252 2887
Fax: +44 (0)116 252 2908
Web page: http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/economics
More information through EDIRC
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dolton, Peter J, 1993. "The Economics of Youth Training in Britain," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(420), pages 1261-78, September.
- Pudney, Stephen & Thomas, Jonathan, 1995. "Specification Tests for the Competing Risks Duration Model: An Application to Unemployment Duration and Sectoral Movement," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 57(3), pages 323-47, August.
- Mealli, Fabrizia & Pudney, Stephen & Thomas, Jonathan M, 1996. "Training Duration and Post-training Outcomes: A Duration-Limited Competing Risks Model," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(435), pages 422-33, March.
- Gritz, R. Mark, 1993. "The impact of training on the frequency and duration of employment," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 57(1-3), pages 21-51.
- Jones, Ian, 1988. "An Evaluation of YTS," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(3), pages 54-71, Autumn.
- Heckman, James & Singer, Burton, 1984. "A Method for Minimizing the Impact of Distributional Assumptions in Econometric Models for Duration Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(2), pages 271-320, March.
- Andrews, Martyn & Bradley, Steve, 1997. "Modelling the Transition from School and the Demand for Training in the United Kingdom," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 64(255), pages 387-413, August.
- Lawrence F. Katz & Bruce D. Meyer, 1988.
"Unemployment Insurance, Recall Expectations, And Unemployment Outcomes,"
NBER Working Papers
2594, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Katz, Lawrence F & Meyer, Bruce D, 1990. "Unemployment Insurance, Recall Expectations, and Unemployment Outcomes," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 105(4), pages 973-1002, November.
- Narendranathan, W. & Stewart, M.B., 1989. "Modelling The Probability Of Leaving Unemployment: Competing Risks Models With Flexible Baseline Hazards," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 331, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Mealli, Fabrizia & Pudney, Stephen, 1996. "Occupational Pensions and Job Mobility in Britain: Estimation of a Random-Effects Competing Risks Model," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(3), pages 293-320, May-June.
- O'Higgins, Niall, 1994. "YTS, Employment, and Sample Selection Bias," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(4), pages 605-28, October.
- Bruce D. Meyer, 1988.
"Unemployment Insurance And Unemployment Spells,"
NBER Working Papers
2546, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dolton, Peter J & Makepeace, Gerald H & Treble, John G, 1994. "The Youth Training Scheme and the School-to-Work Transition," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(4), pages 629-57, October.
- van den Berg, Gerard J., 1997. "Association measures for durations in bivariate hazard rate models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 221-245, August.
- Pudney, Stephen E, 1981. "An Empirical Method of Approximating the Separable Structure of Consumer Preferences," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(4), pages 561-77, October.
- Lacroix, G; & Brouard M-E;, 2011.
"Work Absenteeism Due to a Chronic Disease,"
Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers
11/15, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Guy Lacroix & Marie-Ève Brouard, 2011. "Work Absenteeism Due to a Chronic Disease," CIRANO Working Papers 2011s-33, CIRANO.
- Guy Lacroix & Marie-Ève Brouard, 2011. "Work Absenteeism Due to a Chronic Disease," Cahiers de recherche 1108, CIRPEE.
- Lacroix, Guy & Brouard, Marie-Ève, 2011. "Work Absenteeism Due to a Chronic Disease," IZA Discussion Papers 5560, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mrs. Alexandra Mazzuoccolo).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.