Elastic Oil. A primer on the economics of exploration and production
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Stavanger in its series UiS Working Papers in Economics and Finance with number 2009/10.
Length: 23 pages
Date of creation: 09 Apr 2009
Date of revision:
Oil; Exploration: Production;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A10 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Finn Roar Aune & Klaus Mohn & Petter Osmundsen & Knut Einar Rosendahl, 2007. "Industry restructuring, OPEC response – and oil price formation," Discussion Papers 511, Research Department of Statistics Norway.
- Jeffrey A. Krautkraemer, 1998. "Nonrenewable Resource Scarcity," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(4), pages 2065-2107, December.
- Ramcharran, Harri, 2002. "Oil production responses to price changes: an empirical application of the competitive model to OPEC and non-OPEC countries," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 97-106, March.
- Farzin, Y. H., 2001. "The impact of oil price on additions to US proven reserves," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 271-292, July.
- Dahl, Carol & Duggan, Thomas E., 1998. "Survey of price elasticities from economic exploration models of US oil and gas supply," Journal of Energy Finance & Development, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 129-169.
- Klaus Mohn, 2008. "Efforts and Efficiency in Oil Exploration: A Vector Error-Correction Approach," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 53-78.
- Guro Børnes Ringlund & Knut Einar Rosendahl & Terje Skjerpen, 2004.
"Does oilrig activity react to oil price changes? An empirical investigation,"
372, Research Department of Statistics Norway.
- Ringlund, Guro Bornes & Rosendahl, Knut Einar & Skjerpen, Terje, 2008. "Does oilrig activity react to oil price changes An empirical investigation," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 371-396, March.
- Robert K. Kaufmann & Cutler J. Cleveland, 2001. "Oil Production in the Lower 48 States: Economic, Geological, and Institutional Determinants," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 27-49.
- Watkins, G.C., 2006. "Oil scarcity: What have the past three decades revealed?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 508-514, March.
- James L. Smith, 2005.
"Inscrutable OPEC? Behavioral Tests of the Cartel Hypothesis,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 51-82.
- James L. Smith, 2003. "Inscrutable OPEC? Behavioral Tests of the Cartel Hypothesis," Working Papers 0305, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Pesaran, M. Hashem & Samiei, Hossein, 1995.
"Forecasting ultimate resource recovery,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 543-555, December.
- Managi, Shunsuke & Opaluch, James J. & Jin, Di & Grigalunas, Thomas A., 2005. "Technological change and petroleum exploration in the Gulf of Mexico," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 619-632, March.
- Boone, Jeff P., 1998. "The effect of the corporate alternative minimum tax on investment in oil and gas exploration and development," Journal of Energy Finance & Development, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 101-128.
- Quyen, N V, 1991. "Exhaustible Resources: A Theory of Exploration," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(4), pages 777-89, July.
- Cutter J. Cleveland & Robert K. Kaufmann, 1991. "Forecasting Ultimate Oil Recovery and Its Rate of Production: Incorporating Economic Forces into the Models of M. King Hubbert," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 17-46.
- John R. Moroney & M. Douglas Berg, 1999. "An Integrated Model of Oil Production," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 105-124.
- Cutler J. Cleveland & Robert K. Kaufmann, 1997. "Natural Gas in the U.S.: How Far Can Technology Stretch the Resource Base?," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 89-108.
- Mohn, Klaus & Osmundsen, Petter, 2008. "Exploration economics in a regulated petroleum province: The case of the Norwegian Continental Shelf," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 303-320, March.
- Kaufmann, Robert K., 1991. "Oil production in the lower 48 states : Reconciling curve fitting and econometric models," Resources and Energy, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 111-127, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bernt Arne Odegaard).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.