Choosing between M1 and debt as an intermediate target for monetary policy
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis in its series Working Papers with number 1984-005.
Date of creation: 1984
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Hafer, R. W., 1985. "Choosing between M1 and debt as an intermediate target for monetary policy," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 89-132, January.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Leonall C. Andersen, 1975. "A monetary model of nominal income determination," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jun, pages 9-19.
- Feige, Edgar L & McGee, Robert, 1979. "Has the Federal Reserve Shifted from a Policy of Interest Rate Targets to a Policy of Monetary Aggregate Targets?," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 11(4), pages 381-404, November.
- Cagan, Phillip, 1982. "The Choice among Monetary Aggregates as Targets and Guides for Monetary Policy," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 14(4), pages 661-86, November.
- John A. Tatom, 1981. "Energy prices and short-run economic performance," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jan, pages 3-17.
- Sims, Christopher A, 1972. "Money, Income, and Causality," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(4), pages 540-52, September.
- Pagano, Marcello & Hartley, Michael J., 1981. "On fitting distributed lag models subject to polynomial restrictions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 171-198, June.
- Dallas S. Batten & R. W. Hafer, 1983. "The relative impact of monetary and fiscal actions on economic activity: a cross-country comparison," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jan, pages 5-12.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-38, July.
- Lawrence S. Davidson & R. W. Hafer, 1983. "Some evidence on selecting an intermediate target of monetary policy," Working Papers 1982-010, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Stephen M. Goldfeld & Alan S. Blinder, 1972. "Some Implications of Endogenous Stabilization Policy," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 3(3), pages 585-644.
- Geweke, John & Meese, Richard & Dent, Warren, 1983. "Comparing alternative tests of causality in temporal systems : Analytic results and experimental evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 161-194, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anna Xiao).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.