Incorporating Price Regulation in Causality Tests for Dairy Markets
AbstractPrice relationships across market levels have hecome an issue of concern in dairy markets as lower support levels have led to increased price volatility. This study analyzes price causality in the presence of price regulation. Specific causal relationships are estimated and are not generally affected hy regulated prices.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management in its series Staff Papers with number 121338.
Date of creation: Aug 1993
Date of revision:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Geweke, John & Meese, Richard & Dent, Warren, 1983. "Comparing alternative tests of causality in temporal systems : Analytic results and experimental evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 161-194, February.
- Jones, J D, 1986. "Consumer Prices, Wholesale Prices, and Causality (More Empirical Evidence for the U.S., 1947-1983.)," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 41-55.
- Sims, Christopher A, 1972. "Money, Income, and Causality," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(4), pages 540-52, September.
- Zapata, Hector O. & Hudson, Michael A. & Garcia, Philip, 1988. "Identifying Causal Relationships Between Nonstationary Stochastic Processes: An Examination Of Alternative Approaches In Small Samples," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 13(02), December.
- Colclough, William G. & Lange, Mark D., 1982. "Empirical evidence of causality from consumer to wholesale prices," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 379-384, August.
- Novakovic, Andrew M., 1991. "Price Formation and the Transmission of Prices Across Levels of Dairy Markets," Staff Papers 121381, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Zellner, Arnold, 1979. "Causality and econometrics," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 9-54, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.