Les sociétés cotées en France préparent-elles le marché à l’augmentation de leur capital par les rachats de leurs propres actions?Do french quoted firms repurchase stocks in order to prepare the market for equity issues?
Abstract(VF)Constatant que plus de 22% des augmentations de capital lancées sur le marché financier français sont réalisées 6 mois après un rachat programmé d’actions, nous proposons une étude originale de la relation entre ces deux opérations. A partir de 53 opérations pour la période 1999-2006, nous supposons que la réaction boursière à l’annonce de l’augmentation de capital dépend des caractéristiques des programmes de rachats et des motivations des dirigeants.(VA)More than 22% of equity issues on the French market are realized six months after a program of stock repurchases. This paper studies the relation between these two decisions. With 53 equity issues on the period 1999-2006, we suppose that the market reaction depends on the characteristics of the program of stock repurchases and the motivations of the managers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université de Bourgogne - CREGO EA7317 Centre de recherches en gestion des organisations in its series Working Papers CREGO with number 1071105.
Length: 34 pages
Date of creation: Nov 2007
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 2 Bd Gabriel, BP 26611, 21066 Dijon Cedex, France
Postal: Angèle Renaud, CREGO, 2 Bd Gabriel, BP 26611, 21066 Dijon Cedex, France
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Athanassopoulos, Antreas D., 1997. "Service quality and operating efficiency synergies for management control in the provision of financial services: Evidence from Greek bank branches," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 300-313, April.
- Oral, Muhittin & Yolalan, Reha, 1990. "An empirical study on measuring operating efficiency and profitability of bank branches," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 282-294, June.
- Allen Berger & John Leusner & John Mingo, 1994.
"The Efficiency of Bank Branches,"
Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers
94-27, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Portela, Maria Conceicao A. Silva & Thanassoulis, Emmanuel, 2007. "Comparative efficiency analysis of Portuguese bank branches," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 177(2), pages 1275-1288, March.
- Ittner, Christopher D. & Larcker, David F. & Randall, Taylor, 2003. "Performance implications of strategic performance measurement in financial services firms," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 28(7-8), pages 715-741.
- Sherman, H. David & Gold, Franklin, 1985. "Bank branch operating efficiency : Evaluation with Data Envelopment Analysis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 297-315, June.
- John D. C. Little, 1970. "Models and Managers: The Concept of a Decision Calculus," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 16(8), pages B466-B485, April.
- Athanassopoulos, Antreas D, 1998. "Nonparametric Frontier Models for Assessing the Market and Cost Efficiency of Large-Scale Bank Branch Networks," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 30(2), pages 172-92, May.
- Hartman, Thomas E. & Storbeck, James E. & Byrnes, Patricia, 2001. "Allocative efficiency in branch banking," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 134(2), pages 232-242, October.
- Dopuch, Nicholas & Gupta, Mahendra, 1997. "Estimation of benchmark performance standards: An application to public school expenditures," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 141-161, July.
- Camanho, A.S. & Dyson, R.G., 2008. "A generalisation of the Farrell cost efficiency measure applicable to non-fully competitive settings," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 147-162, February.
- Parkan, Celik, 1987. "Measuring the efficiency of service operations: An application to bank branches," Engineering Costs and Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1-4), pages 237-242, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angèle RENAUD).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.