Engineering Costs and Production Economics
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505647
This journal is no longer published by Elsevier. For a followup journal, see International Journal of Production Economics, published by Elsevier.
This journal used to be published by Elsevier under the name Engineering and Process Economics.
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Current editor: R. W. Grubbström
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:ecpeco
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple (last 10 years), Recursive (10), Discounted (10), Recursive discounted (10), H-Index (10), Aggregate (10)
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
1991, Volume 21, Issue 3
- 203-209 Investment justification in flexible manufacturing systems
by Kakati, M. & Dhar, U. R.
- 211-225 Dynamic simulation of mobile robot navigation in warehousing environments
by Pandit, Ram & Menon, S. R. & Kapoor, S. G.
- 227-231 Economic ordering policy for deterministic two-echelon distribution systems
by Das, C. & Goyal, S. K.
- 233-241 Capital budgeting and plant capacity
by Krinsky, Itzhak
- 243-258 Using multiple time-series analysis, of assembly-line production of automobile engines -- a case study
by Somers, Toni M. & Gupta, Yash P.
- 259-276 Flexible manufacturing systems in practice -- results of a study of operational use
by Hackstein, R. & Budenbender, W.
- 277-293 Systematic machine-condition monitoring -- a case study from Parenco paper mill in Holland
by o'Sullivan, Matt
- 295-299 Bicriterion jobshop scheduling with total flowtime and sum of squared lateness
by Dileepan, Parthasarati & Sen, Tapan
1991, Volume 21, Issue 2
- 95-103 Integrated time-functions and cost-functions as a basis for analysis of complex production systems
by van de Ven, A. D. M. & Florusse, L.
- 105-109 An engineering-economic evaluation of enhanced recovery of saudi crudes by chemical flooding
by Al-Blehed, M. S. & Sayyouh, M. H. & Desouky, S. M.
- 111-115 Economic production of a product and replenishment of its raw materials
by Goyal, S. K.
- 117-131 Real-time part sequencing in a flexible assembly cell: system development and evaluation
by Suliman, S. M. A. & El-Tamimi, A. M. & Williams, D. F.
- 133-141 Costs of disposal of sewage sludge: a case study
by Hau, K. C. & Sculli, D.
- 143-153 A decision network application to batch size determination for single-stage systems
by Oakland, John S. & Sohal, Amrik S. & Wirth, Andrew
- 155-169 Experiences of different approaches in logistics
by Eloranta, Eero & Hameri, Ari-Pekka & Lahteenmaki, Kimmo
- 171-175 Mathematical modeling of the AGVS capacity requirements planning problem
by Kasilingam, R. G.
- 177-190 A heuristic procedure for determining ordering and price-discount policies for commodities with two-period perishability
by Gupta, D. & Dai, Z.
- 191-197 Investing in reducing lead-time randomness in continuous-review inventory models
by Gerchak, Yigal & Parlar, Mahmut
1991, Volume 21, Issue 1
- 1-9 Replacement of auxiliary power supply system--A case study in an urban railway
by Mak, S. M. L. & Sculli, D.
- 11-20 Mathematical formulation of the economic dispatch problem of a power system by using a linear load flow model
by Leonidopoulos, Georgios
- 21-34 Reduction of manufacturing lead-time through selection of machining rate and unit handling size
by Egbelu, Pius J.
- 35-42 A review of research on AGVS vehicle management
by Co, Christine G. & Tanchoco, J. M. A.
- 43-49 An algorithm for the N/M/parallel/Cmaxpreemptive due-date scheduling problem
by Cheng, T. C. E. & Sin, C. C. S.
- 51-57 Strategies in spare parts management using a reliability engineering approach
by Sheikh, Anwar K. & Callom, Frank L. & Mustafa, Salim G.
- 59-68 Procurement under uncertain supply lead times -- A dual- sourcing technique could save costs
by Ramasesh, Ranga V.
- 69-80 Sizing segregation bins in bulk conveyor systems with discrete loading sources
by Carnahan, J. V. & Thompson, S. D. & Webster, P. L.
- 81-92 Minimizing production costs for a robotic assembly system
by Dessouky, Maged M. & Wilson, James R.
1990, Volume 20, Issue 3
- 255-263 A new approach to the dynamic lot size model
by Chyr, Fuchiao & Lin, Tsong-Ming & Ho, Chin-Fu
- 265-275 Multiple machine replacement analysis
by Leung, Lawrence C. & Tanchoco, J. M. A.
- 277-284 Analysis of capital investment: A conceptual cash flow model
by Persson, Ingvar
- 285-294 Production cost in the periphery: The case of Greece
by Pappis, Costas P.
- 295-303 On manpower planning in the presence of learning
by Gerchak, Yigal & Parlar, Mahmut & Sengupta, S. Sankar
- 305-318 Selecting systems to support Computer-Integrated Manufacturing (CIM)
by Boaden, R. J. & Dale, B. G.
1990, Volume 20, Issue 2
- 109-112 Introduction
by Tabucanon, Mario T. & Chankong, Vira
- 113-120 Multi-objective, multi-period planning for a manufacturing plant
by Trzaskalik, T.
- 121-127 Analysis of multi-item inventory systems under resource constraints: A non-linear goal programming approach
by Padmanabhan, G. & Vrat, Prem
- 129-138 Trade-off analysis of buffer stock versus emergency delivery in the knockdown production systems
by Hiraki, Shusaku & Ishii, Kazuyoshi & Takahashi, Katsuhiko & Muramatsu, Rintaro
- 139-150 Decision criteria on the branch-and-bound method for optimal single-level lot sizing with backlogging
by Shiue, Yih-Chearng
- 151-163 Productivity measurement through multi-criteria decision making
by Ray, Pradip K. & Sahu, S.
- 165-174 Chance constrained quality control
by Olson, David L.
- 175-189 Multicriteria design of ceramic piston crown
by Koski, Juhani & Silvennoinen, Risto
- 191-202 A decomposition strategy for multicriteria optimization with application to machine tool design
by Montusiewicz, J. & Osyczka, A.
- 203-212 Multiple criteria decision support system for production management
by Wu, De-Shih & Tabucanon, Mario T.
- 213-218 Decision support system for production control: Multiple criteria decision making in practice
by Por, Andras & Stahl, Janos & Temesi, Jozsef
- 219-229 Resource management and strategic decision making in industrial R&D departments: : Decision support using judgmental modelling in the chemical industry
by Islei, Gerd & Lockett, Geoff & Stratford, Mike
- 231-240 Multiple criteria decision making in industrial project management
by Brauers, W. K.
- 241-251 Application of a multiobjective electric power production costing model to the U.S. acid rain problem
by Heslin, James S. & Hobbs, Benjamin F.
1990, Volume 20, Issue 1
- 1-1 Obituary
by Geraerds, W. M. J.
- 3-12 Learning curves and production functions: An integration
by Gulledge, Thomas Jr. & Womer, Norman Keith
- 13-21 The influence of inflation on productivity calculations: A case study
by Yousif, A. S. H. & Dale, B. G.
- 23-28 Analytic Delphi Method (ADM): A strategic decision making model applied to location planning
by Azani, Hossein & Khorramshahgol, Reza
- 29-36 The matching of sales plans and production schedules using a microcomputer
by Kuutti, Jorma
- 37-42 Design for a comprehensive maintenance planning recording and optimization system
by Sherwin, D. J.
- 43-50 Simulation study of production inventory management in a mylar capacitor manufacturing company
by Cheng, T. C. E.
- 51-64 The inventory control problem and the optimal supply price: Micro theoretic
by Dompere, Kofi Kissi
- 65-71 Stability of a two-stage production and inventory model
by Richter, Knut & Voros, Josef
- 73-80 Common cycle scheduling in a multistage production process
by Hsu, John I. S. & EI-Najdawi, M.
- 81-91 Nonlinear multiproduct CVP analysis with 0-1 mixed integer programming
by Tsai, Wen-Hsien & Lin, Tsong-Ming
- 93-99 Optimization of spare parts in a multilevel maintenance system
by Kostic, Ing. Svetislav & Pendic, Mr. Ing. Zoran
- 101-104 Economic ordering policy during special discount periods for dynamic inventory problems under certainty
by Goyal, S. K.
- 105-106 A quantitative comparison of production and inventory control concepts : Peter Striekwold, University of Twente, The Netherlands, December 1988
by Ovrin, Peter
1990, Volume 19, Issue 1-3
- 3-9 Employment policy for an inventory-holding labor-managed firm
by Abel, I. & Bonin, J. P.
- 11-17 Credit, imports and inventories in cpes causality test for the hungarian economy
by Abel, I. & Szekely, I.
- 19-24 Inventory management in the manufacturing sector in developing countries
by Goonatilake, Lalith
- 25-30 The determination of cost parameters to achieve optimum stockpiling
by Gurmann, Klaus & Schreiber, Karl
- 31-35 Short-term finance and inventories
by Hunyadi, Csilla
- 37-46 Models of sales expectations
by Irvine, F. Owen
- 47-55 Analysis of the logistic system of steel products in Poland
by Kisperska-Moron, Danuta
- 57-63 Input-Output simulation of inventory fluctuations
by Lovell, Michael C.
- 65-72 Study of inventory structures and trends in Sweden and Finland
by Borg, Joachim & Pirttila, Timo
- 73-79 Economic consequences of non-optimal inventory holdings in India and Iran an integrated linear programming and input-output approach
by Prasad, K. N. & Banouei, A. A. & Swaminathan, A. M.
- 81-84 An essay on economic reforms and inventories
by Trdlicova, Karla
- 85-90 Evidence from seven countries on whether inventories smooth aggregate output
by West, Kenneth D.
- 91-99 Equilibrium and adjustments in noncompetitive markets: Lost sales versus backlogging processes
by Zabel, Edward
- 101-103 Influence of the information system on inventory management
by Zahariev, Zahary
- 107-114 Implications of the EOQ assumptions on the valuation of the average investment
by Arcelus, F. J. & Srinivasan, G.
- 115-123 A case study in cyclic assembly planning and dynamic coordinated component shops' loading in a locks manufacturing plant
by Awate, P. G.
- 125-131 Disaggregating aggregate production plans to smooth workload variation
by Azoza, M. A. & Bonney, M. C.
- 133-137 Computer-aided disposition of the reserve of spare parts
by Buhring, Volker & Uhlemann, Klaus-Dieter & Wilhelm, Klaus
- 139-147 An industrial study of the effects of batch sizes on the performance of the overall manufacturing system
by Byrne, M. D. & O'Grady, P.
- 149-156 Cross-national comparison of production--inventory management practices
by Chikan, Attila & Whybark, D. Clay
- 157-163 Materials management in service industries
by Van Dierdonck, R. & Brandt, G.
- 165-174 The impact of flexible manufacturing systems (FMS) on inventories
by Dimitrov, Pavel
- 175-181 Criteria of inventory pricing
by Giganti, Mauro
- 183-187 A simple heuristic method for planning inventory at a coke plant
by Hensvold, Eilif
- 189-199 Medium to short term finite capacity scheduling: A planning methodology for capacity constrained workshops
by McCarthy, S. W. & Barber, K. D.
- 201-204 Economic order quantity and storage size -- Some considerations
by Rao, S. Subba & Bahari-Kashani, Hamid
- 205-211 The role of the bill of material in manufacturing systems
by Rusk, P. S.
- 213-220 Reducing raw material inventories for plastic components production
by Spalti, Karl & Spalti, Susan B.
- 221-228 Utilisation of information technique -- The condition of reconstruction
by Tomek, Gustav
- 229-239 Planning for CIM in Hungary: Facts about and attitudes to implementation
by Vastag, Gyula
- 241-247 On the choice of batch mode in order to maximize throughput
by Weeda, P. J.
- 249-258 Scheduling a flexible machining centre
by Zijm, W. H. M. & Nelissen, E. H. L. B.
- 261-266 An eclectic algorithm for inventory replenishment for items with increasing linear trend in demand
by Amrani, Mostepha & Rand, Graham K.
- 267-272 Risk in inventory models: Review and implementation
by Anvari, M. & Kusy, M.
- 273-279 Delay of payments vs. price discounts for extraordinary purchases: The buyer's perspective
by Arcelus, F. J. & Srinivasan, G.
- 281-286 Evaluation of a new type of sequential lot sizing techniques
by Axsater, Sven & Samuelsson, Bjorn
- 287-294 Single and multistage production lot sizing with work-in-process inventory considerations
by Banerjee, A. & Burton, U. S.
- 295-299 Inventory systems optimization for dynamic stochastic and periodical demand
by Bogataj, M. & Bogataj, L.
- 301-306 Inventory control in case of unknown demand distribution
by Bulinskaya, E. V.
- 307-311 Multi-item production lot sizing using a search simulation approach
by Byrne, M. D.
- 313-318 An integrated inventory model based upon GRAI tools
by Chen, D. & Doumeingts, G. & Pun, L.
- 319-326 Assessing manufacturing system performance: Frequency response revisited
by Edghill, J. & Towill, D. R.
- 327-331 Naddor's demand patterns and the economic order quantity under uncertainty
by Girlich, Hans-Joachim
- 333-340 The distribution of an additive in a chemical process: An application of input-output theory
by Grubbstrom, R. W.
- 341-349 Price discounting in multi-echelon distribution systems
by Jaikumar, R. & Rangan, V. Kasturi
- 351-357 Decreasing expected shortages through order splitting
by Kelle, P. & Silver, E. A.
- 359-363 A dynamic multi-location inventory model with contingents and redistribution of rest stock
by Kochel, Peter
- 365-370 A microcomputer expert system for advising on stocks in spare parts inventory systems
by Petrovic, Dobrila & Petrovic, Radivoj & Senborn, Aleksandar & Vujosevic, Mirko
- 371-374 Forecast horizon in a convex cost inventory model with spoilage
by Rempala, Ryszarda
- 375-378 A dynamic energy production model
by Richter, K.
- 379-383 An inventory model under inflation for stock dependent consumption rate items
by Vrat, Prem & Padmanabhan, G.
- 385-389 Spare parts inventory planning for a redundant system subject to a phased mission
by Vujosevic, M. & Petrovic, R. & Senborn, A.
1990, Volume 18, Issue 3
- 197-202 Minimizing a generalized quadratic penalty function of job completion times: An improved branch-and-bound approach
by Sen, Tapan & Dileepan, Parthasarati & Ruparel, Bharat
- 203-214 Complexity of single model assembly line balancing problems
by Bhattacharjee, T. K. & Sahu, S.
- 215-221 Estimating the internal rate of return from fuzzy data
by Pohjola, V. J. & Turunen, I.
- 223-231 Inspect or monitor?
by Sherwin, D. J.
- 233-240 Comparison between just-in-time and EOQ system
by Chyr, Fuchiao & Lin, Tsong Ming & Ho, Chin-Fu
- 241-246 An EOQ model for items with stock dependent consumption rate and exponential decay
by Padmanabhan, G. & Vrat, Prem
- 247-253 Persistent pitfalls and applicable approaches for justification of advanced manufacturing systems
by Canada, John R. & Sullivan, W. G.
- 255-264 A multiple objective programming framework for tradeoffs in project scheduling
by Deckro, Richard F. & Hebert, John E.
- 265-267 A network flow approach to optimal slack due-date determination
by Quaddus, M. A.
- 269-274 Idle capacity and timeliness in mix change decisions
by Azzone, Giovanni & Bertele, Umberto
- 275-283 Technoeconomic study for production of copper from Saudi Ore
by Fakeeha, A. H. & Wagialla, K. M. & El-Dahshan, M. E.
- 285-292 Characterization of production-inventory systems in the hungarian industry
by Chikan, Attila
- 293-299 Maximizing throughput in some simple time-constrained scheduling situations
by Huisman, H. H. & Polderman, G. L. & Weeda, P. J.
- 301-310 A computer-automated statistical process control method with timely response
by Papadakis, Emmanuel P.
- 311-312 Mathematics in oil production : S.F. Edwards and P.R. King, Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1989, ISBN 0-19-853624-0, 375 pages, [UK pound]35.00
by Hallefjord, Asa
1989, Volume 18, Issue 2
- 105-115 The internal structure and the functional representation of capital-adjustment costs
by Dompere, Kofi Kissi
- 117-130 A system dynamics model of a JIT-kanban system
by Gupta, Yash P. & Gupta, Mahesh
- 131-138 TEQ--A methodology for comparative evaluation of technologies
by Zaidman, Beno & Cevidalli, Guido
- 139-144 Determining control points of a production system under a chance constraint
by Friedman, Lea & Golenko-Ginzburg, Dimitri & Sinuany-Stern, Zilla
- 145-157 Model for the development of the Turkish Petrochemical Industry
by Gurkan, Turker & Kartal, Nurten
- 159-167 A short term production planning and scheduling model
by Pourbabai, Behnam
- 169-180 The quality-related decision making process
by Duncalf, A. J. & Dale, B. G.
- 181-186 Algorithm for MRO materials management
by Mercelis, L.
- 187-192 Conventional versus NC production: The impact of tooling costs
by Hedrich, Peter & Carlson, John G.
1989, Volume 18, Issue 1
- 1-10 Reducing the cost of quality through test data management
by Manikas, Paul N. & Eichenlaub, Stephen G.
- 11-21 Computer-aided test process models: What do they tell about test cost?
by Hungerford, James F.
- 23-31 Discount pricing policies for new products
by Martin, G. E.
- 33-44 Quality costing: The lessons learnt from a study carried out in two phases
by Eldridge, S. & Dale, B. G.
- 45-54 The capacitated transportation-production problem: Computational experience
by Rao, Ram C. & Shaftel, Timothy L.
- 55-64 A method for assembly line balancing
by Betts, J. & Mahmoud, K. I.
- 65-70 Stochastic cash flow evaluation under conditions of uncertain timing
by Estes, John H. & Moor, William C. & Rollier, Dwayne A.
- 71-81 Common component inventory problems with a budget constraint: Heuristics and upper bounds
by Jonsson, Henrik & Silver, Edward A.
- 83-92 Multiple projects -- Multiple resources constrained scheduling: A multiobjective analysis
by Mohanty, R. P. & Siddiq, M. K.
- 93-100 Quality management systems performance boundaries versus system demands
by G. Andrews, Harold
1989, Volume 17, Issue 1-4
- 1-1 Preface
by Grubbstrom, Robert W. & Hinterhuber, Hans H.
- 3-20 Queueing models of Kanban and MRP controlled production systems
by Buzacott, J. A.
- 21-28 The productivity nexus of new inventory and quality control techniques
by Mefford, Robert N.
- 29-34 Robot location for minimum cycle time
by Abdel-Malek, Layek L. & Li, Zhiming
- 35-42 A case study of production scheduling in a chemical industry
by Roba, M. & Teghem, J. Jr.
- 43-53 A study on the manufacturing planning and control in a beef cutting plant of a Swedish company
by Noghabai, Mehran
- 55-64 The dynamics of capacity planning for flexible manufacturing system startup
by Towill, D. R. & Davies, A. & Naim, M. M.
- 65-70 Lot-sizing and flow production in an MRP-environment
by Frijters, Lilian & de Kok, Ton & Wessels, Jaap
- 71-78 Computerization of manufacturing planning and control systems: Minicomputer-based systems 1980-1987
by Mattsson, Lars & Olhager, Jan & Ovrin, Peter & Rapp, Birger
- 79-88 Applying the principles of optimized production technology in a small manufacturing company
by Ashcroft, S. H.
- 89-97 Planning and scheduling in an FMS
by Aanen, E. & Gaalman, G. J. & Nawijn, W. M.
- 99-109 Rationing safety stock in the USAF's multi echelon inventory system
by Rinks, Dan B.
- 111-124 Evolving coordination schemes in real-time production scheduling
by Davis, Wayne J.
- 125-133 Service levels in single-stage MRP systems with demand uncertainty
by Anderson, E. J. & Lagodimos, A. G.
- 135-147 Successive approximations procedures for a cellular manufacturing problem with machine loading constraints
by Stanfel, Larry E.
- 149-154 Using timed petri nets for the scheduling of job-shop systems
by Hillion, HerveP. & Proth, Jean-Marie
- 155-165 Analysis of production lines with general service times and finite buffers: A two-node decomposition approach
by Altiok, Tayfur & Ranjan, Raghav
- 167-173 Multi-item production control for production to order
by Dellaert, Nico P.
- 175-182 Some properties of the sequential Markovian allocation problem
by Saario, Vesa
- 183-195 Generalizing the price-break EOQ problem
by Arcelus, F. J. & Rowcroft, J. E.
- 197-204 Developing computer integrated manufacturing: Major issues and problem areas
by Snyder, Charles A. & Cox, James F.
- 205-221 Capacity planning of diagnosis systems in hospitals
by Fandel, Gunter & Hegemann, Holger
- 223-230 Survey of robotics in the health care industry
by Minifie, J. Roberta
- 231-244 Demand forecasting for parts used in modular products: A case study
by Romanos, Mihail S.
- 245-251 Geometric search theory and demand uncertainty
by Alpern, Steve
- 253-262 Measuring logistics performance
by Andersson, Par & Aronsson, Hakan & Storhagen, Nils G.
- 263-269 The single quantity-discount problem under ROI maximization
by Arcelus, F. J. & Srinivasan, G.
- 271-275 Criteria for asset replacement studies
by Longo, M. & Zanobetti, D.
- 277-291 A deposit planning framework at the banking system level in India
by Bhattacharyay, Biswa N.
- 293-302 The strategic management of manufacturing technology
by Flores, Benito & Clay Whybark, D.
- 303-313 The combination of creative vision with quantitative evaluation of alternative strategies as a key success factor in production economics
by Hinterhuber, Hans H. & Popp, Wolfgang
- 315-322 JIT applications to warehousing operations
by Carlson, John G.
- 323-329 Forecasting methods for CIM technologies
by Tchijov, Iouri & Norov, Eric
- 331-341 Computer-based multi-attribute simulation of production and financial strategies
by Kivijarvi, Hannu & Tuominen, Markku
- 343-350 The simulation of the procurement of an avionic logistic system
by Bainton, D. J. & Williams, J. Hywel
- 351-357 An intelligent simulation environment for production/distribution systems
by Khoshnevis, Behrokh & Austin, Wanda M.
- 359-367 Finsim expert; A KB/DSS for financial analysis and planning
by Klein, Michel
- 369-375 A short term forecasting DSS for improving the sales/manufacturing linkage
by Gangneux, Philippe
- 377-387 A decision support system for planning chemical production of active ingredients in a pharmaceutical company
by Jager, K. & Peemoller, W. & Rohde, M.
- 389-393 Supply decisions for unknown linearly increasing demand
by Reyniers, Diane J.
- 395-407 Ordering and stockholding under price inflation when prices increase in successive discrete jumps
by Kingsman, Brian G. & Boussofiane, Aziz
1989, Volume 16, Issue 4
- 233-244 Cost and price indices
by Boyd, Norman
- 245-256 Multiple product inventory policies with unit load and storage space considerations
by Schall, Susan & Chandra, Jeya
- 257-267 Optimal and heuristic solutions for a simple common component inventory problem
by Jonsson, Henrik & Silver, Edward A.
- 269-279 The design of a continuous sampling plan under the conditioned inspection capacity
by Wang, Reay-Chen & Chang, Sheng-Lin
- 281-289 On the present-worth moments of serially correlated cash flows
by Leung, L. C. & Hui, Y. V. & Fleischer, G. A.
- 291-302 The application of ultrasonic ranging and group technology concepts to robot material handling tasks
by Wavering, Albert J. & Kapoor, Shiv G.
- 303-313 Incorporating the effects of setups in lotsizing procedures
by Raturi, Amitabh S.
1989, Volume 16, Issue 3
- 161-169 Models of manufacturing systems in different operational contexts
by Rhodes, D. J.
- 171-182 From enterprise analysis to conceptual database design in production systems
by DiLeva, A. & Vernadat, F. & Bizier, D.
- 183-193 On the determination of overplanning margins for components in a consumer electronics factory
by Kamp, A. P. G. M. & Polderman, G. L. & Striekwold, P. E. T. & Weeda, P. J.
- 195-208 The service parts control problem
by Yamashina, H.
- 209-212 Joint ordering of two products with lost sales permitted
by Goyal, Suresh Kumar