Temporal aggregation of univariate and multivariate time series models: A survey
AbstractWe present a unified and up-to-date overview of temporal aggregation techniques for univariate and multivariate time series models explaining in detail how these techniques are employed. Some empirical applications illustrate the main issues.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area in its series Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) with number 685.
Date of creation: Aug 2008
Date of revision:
Temporal aggregation; ARIMA; Seasonality; GARCH; Vector ARMA; Spurious causality; Multivariate GARCH;
Other versions of this item:
- Andrea Silvestrini & David Veredas, 2008. "Temporal Aggregation Of Univariate And Multivariate Time Series Models: A Survey," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(3), pages 458-497, 07.
- SILVESTRINI, Andrea & VEREDAS, David, . "Temporal aggregation of univariate and multivariate time series models: A survey," CORE Discussion Papers RP -2013, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Andrea Silvestrini & David Veredas, 2008. "Temporal aggregation of univariate and multivariate time series models: a survey," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/136205, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- C10 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - General
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models &bull Diffusion Processes
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-11-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2008-11-18 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2008-11-18 (Econometric Time Series)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Qian, Hang, 2013. "Vector Autoregression with Mixed Frequency Data," MPRA Paper 47856, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thomas B. Götz & Alain Hecq & Jean‐Pierre Urbain, 2014.
"Forecasting Mixed‐Frequency Time Series with ECM‐MIDAS Models,"
Journal of Forecasting,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 33(3), pages 198-213, 04.
- Götz Thomas & Hecq Alain & Urbain Jean-Pierre, 2012. "Forecasting Mixed Frequency Time Series with ECM-MIDAS Models," Research Memorandum 012, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Yamin Ahmad & Ivan Paya, 2014. "Temporal Aggregation of Random Walk Processes and Implications for Asset Prices," Working Papers 14-01, UW-Whitewater, Department of Economics.
- Hui Jun ZHANG & Jean-Marie DUFOUR & John W. GALBRAITH, 2013.
"Exchange Rates and Commodity Prices : Measuring Causality at Multiple Horizons,"
Cahiers de recherche
14-2013, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Hui Jun Zhang & Jean-Marie Dufour & John Galbraith, 2013. "Exchange rates and commodity prices: measuring causality at multiple horizons," CIRANO Working Papers 2013s-39, CIRANO.
- Andres Elberg, 2014. "Temporal Aggregation and Convergence to the Law of One Price: Evidence from Micro Data," Working Papers 53, Facultad de Economía y Empresa, Universidad Diego Portales.
- Steven Clark & T. Coggin, 2011. "Are U.S. stock prices mean reverting? Some new tests using fractional integration models with overlapping data and structural breaks," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 373-391, April.
- SBRANA, Giacomo & SILVESTRINI, Andrea, 2010.
"Aggregation of exponential smoothing processes with an application to portfolio risk evaluation,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2010039, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Sbrana, Giacomo & Silvestrini, Andrea, 2013. "Aggregation of exponential smoothing processes with an application to portfolio risk evaluation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1437-1450.
- Hassler, Uwe, 2011.
"Estimation of fractional integration under temporal aggregation,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 162(2), pages 240-247, June.
- Uwe Hassler, 2011. "Estimation of fractional integration under temporal aggregation," Post-Print peer-00815563, HAL.
- Uwe Hassler, 2011. "Estimation of fractional integration under temporal aggregation," Post-Print hal-00815563, HAL.
- Ramirez, Octavio A., 2011. "Conclusive Evidence on the Benefits of Temporal Disaggregation to Improve the Precision of Time Series Model Forecasts," Faculty Series 113520, University of Georgia, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Kourentzes, Nikolaos & Petropoulos, Fotios & Trapero, Juan R., 2014. "Improving forecasting by estimating time series structural components across multiple frequencies," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 291-302.
- Giacomo Sbrana & Andrea Silvestrini, 2012. "Temporal aggregation of cyclical models with business cycle applications," Statistical Methods and Applications, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 93-107, March.
- Helmut Lütkepohl, 2010.
"Forecasting Aggregated Time Series Variables: A Survey,"
OECD Journal: Journal of Business Cycle Measurement and Analysis,
OECD Publishing,CIRET, vol. 2010(2), pages 1-26.
- Helmut Luetkepohl, 2009. "Forecasting Aggregated Time Series Variables: A Survey," Economics Working Papers ECO2009/17, European University Institute.
- Ramirez, Octavio A., 2012. "Conclusive Evidence on the Benefits of Temporal Disaggregation to Improve the Precision of Time Series Model Forecasts," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 123470, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Sacht, Stephen, 2014. "Analysis of various shocks within the high-frequency versions of the baseline New-Keynesian model," Economics Working Papers 2014-02, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.