Identifying the Relationship Between Trade and Exchange Rate Volatility
In: Commodity Prices and Markets, East Asia Seminar on Economics, Volume 20
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
This chapter was published in:
This item is provided by National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc in its series NBER Chapters with number 11862.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: National Bureau of Economic Research, 1050 Massachusetts Avenue Cambridge, MA 02138, U.S.A.
Web page: http://www.nber.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Koray, Faik & Lastrapes, William D, 1989. "Real Exchange Rate Volatility and U.S. Bilateral Trade: A VAR Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(4), pages 708-12, November.
- Sergio Nardis, 2004. "Currency unions and trade: The special case of EMU," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 140(3), pages 625-649, September.
- Gagnon, Joseph E., 1993.
"Exchange rate variability and the level of international trade,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(3-4), pages 269-287, May.
- Joseph E. Gagnon, 1989. "Exchange rate variability and the level of international trade," International Finance Discussion Papers 369, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Chowdhury, Abdur R, 1993. "Does Exchange Rate Volatility Depress Trade Flows? Evidence from Error-Correction Models," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(4), pages 700-706, November.
- Alejandro Micco & Ernesto H. Stein & Guillermo Luis Ordoñez, 2003.
"The Currency Union Effect on Trade: Early Evidence from EMU,"
Research Department Publications
4339, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Alejandro Micco & Ernesto Stein & Guillermo OrdoÒez, 2003. "The currency union effect on trade: early evidence from EMU," Economic Policy, CEPR & CES & MSH, vol. 18(37), pages 315-356, October.
- Sergio Nardis & Claudio Vicarelli, 2003. "Currency unions and trade: The special case of EMU," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 139(4), pages 625-649, December.
- Baldwin, Richard, 2010.
"Sequencing regionalism: Theory, European practice, and lessons for Asia,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
7852, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Baldwin, Richard E., 2011. "Sequencing Regionalism: Theory, European Practice, and Lessons for Asia," Working Papers on Regional Economic Integration 80, Asian Development Bank.
- Festus Ebo Turkson, . "Logistics and Bilateral Exports in Developing Countries: A Multiplicative Form Estimation of the Logistics Augmented Gravity Equation," Discussion Papers 11/06, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2004.
Boston College Working Papers in Economics
593, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Philip R. Lane, 2006.
"Global Bond Portfolios and EMU,"
The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series
- Fitzgerald, Doireann, 2004. "Trade, Interdependence and Exchange Rates," Santa Cruz Center for International Economics, Working Paper Series qt4794h3b1, Center for International Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Yin-Wong Cheung & Kon S. Lai, 2009.
"A Multiple-Horizon Search for the Role of Trade and Financial Factors in Bilateral Real Exchange Rate Volatility,"
Journal of Economics and Management,
College of Business, Feng Chia University, Taiwan, vol. 5(2), pages 187-218, July.
- Yin-Wong Cheung & Kon S. Lai, 2009. "A Multiple-Horizon Search for the Role of Trade and Financial Factors in Bilateral Real Exchange Rate Volatility," Working Papers 212009, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Gabriele Tondl & Iulia Traistaru-Siedschlag, 2006. "Regional growth cycle synchronisation with the Euro Area," Papers WP173, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Iulia Siedschlag & Gabriele Tondl, 2011. "Regional output growth synchronisation with the Euro Area," Empirica, Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 203-221, May.
- Joseph P. Byrne & Julia Darby & Ronald MacDonald, 2006.
"US Trade and Exchange Rate Volatility: A Real Sectoral Bilateral Analysis,"
2006_9, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Byrne, Joseph P. & Darby, Julia & MacDonald, Ronald, 2008. "US trade and exchange rate volatility: A real sectoral bilateral analysis," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 238-259, March.
- Raddatz, Claudio, 2011. "Over the hedge : exchange rate volatility, commodity price correlations, and the structure of trade," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5590, The World Bank.
- Fitzgerald, Doireann, 2004. "Trade, Interdependence and Exchange Rates," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt4794h3b1, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Fitzgerald, Doireann, 2004. "A Gravity View of Exchange Rate Disconnect," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt05121869, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Calderon, Cesar & Kubota, Megumi, 2009. "Does higher openness cause more real exchange rate volatility ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4896, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.