Modelling regional house prices
AbstractWe develop a panel model for regional house prices, for which both the cross-section and the time series dimension is large. The model allows for stochastic trends, cointegration, cross-equation correlations and, most importantly, latent-class clustering of regions. Class membership is fully data-driven and based on the average growth rates of house prices, and the relationship of house prices with economic growth. We apply the model to quarterly data for the Netherlands. The results suggest that there is convincing evidence for the existence of two distinct clusters of regions with pronounced differences in house price dynamics.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics.
Volume (Year): 43 (2011)
Issue (Month): 17 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20
Other versions of this item:
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ceren Ozgen & Thomas de Graff, 2013. "Sorting out the impact of cultural diversity on innovative firms. An empirical analysis of Dutch micro-data," Norface Discussion Paper Series 2013012, Norface Research Programme on Migration, Department of Economics, University College London.
- Holly, Sean & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Yamagata, Takashi, 2010.
"Spatial and Temporal Diffusion of House Prices in the UK,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4694, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- S Holly & M Hashem Pesaran & T Yamagata, . "Spatial and Temporal Diffusion of House Prices in the UK," Discussion Papers 09/32, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Holly, S. & Pesaran, M.H. & Yamagata, T., 2009. "Spatial and Temporal Diffusion of House Prices in the UK," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0952, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Sean Holly & M. Hashem Pesaran & Takashi Yamagata, 2010. "Spatial and Temporal Diffusion of House Prices in the UK," CESifo Working Paper Series 2913, CESifo Group Munich.
- James D. Hamilton & Michael T. Owyang, 2011.
"The Propagation of Regional Recessions,"
NBER Working Papers
16657, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Katharina Pijnenburg, 2013. "The Spatial Dimension of US House Price Developments," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1270, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2012065 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maureen B.M. Lankhuizen & Thomas de Graaff & Henri L.F. de Groot, 2012. "Product Heterogeneity, Intangible Barriers and Distance Decay: The Effect of Multiple Dimensions of Distance on Trade across Different Product Categories," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 12-065/3, Tinbergen Institute.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.