Hedonic prices for environmental and safety characteristics and the Akerlof effect in the French car market
AbstractIn this paper, the computation of hedonic prices on individual panel data shows the positive valuation of environmental and safety characteristics by the market and gives some evidence of an Akerlof effect between perceived quality and the part of the market price which is not explained by car characteristics and pure inflation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 3 (1996)
Issue (Month): 7 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ibon Galarraga & David Heres Del Valle & Mikel González-Eguino, 2011. "Price Premium for High-Efficiency Refrigerators and Calculation of Price-Elasticities for Close-Substitutes: Combining Hedonic Pricing and Demand Systems," Working Papers 2011-07, BC3.
- Don Fullerton & Sarah West, 1999.
"Can Taxes on Cars and on Gasoline Mimic an Unavailable Tax on Emissions?,"
NBER Working Papers
7059, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fullerton, Don & West, Sarah E., 2002. "Can Taxes on Cars and on Gasoline Mimic an Unavailable Tax on Emissions?," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 135-157, January.
- José Moraga-González & Noemi Padrón-Fumero, 2002. "Environmental Policy in a Green Market," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 22(3), pages 419-447, July.
- Sylvain M. Prado, 2009.
"The European used-car market at a glance: Hedonic resale price valuation in automotive leasing industry,"
AccessEcon, vol. 29(3), pages 2086-2099.
- Sylvain Prado, 2009. "The European used-car market at a glance: Hedonic resale price valuation in automotive leasing industry," EconomiX Working Papers 2009-22, University of Paris West - Nanterre la Défense, EconomiX.
- Guillaume Gaulier & Séverine Haller, 2000. "The Convergence of Automobile Prices in the European Union: an Empirical Analysis for the Period 1993-1999," Working Papers 2000-14, CEPII research center.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.