Hedonic prices for environmental and safety characteristics and the Akerlof effect in the French car market
AbstractIn this paper, the computation of hedonic prices on individual panel data shows the positive valuation of environmental and safety characteristics by the market and gives some evidence of an Akerlof effect between perceived quality and the part of the market price which is not explained by car characteristics and pure inflation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 3 (1996)
Issue (Month): 7 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fullerton, Don & West, Sarah E., 2002.
"Can Taxes on Cars and on Gasoline Mimic an Unavailable Tax on Emissions?,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 135-157, January.
- Don Fullerton & Sarah West, 1999. "Can Taxes on Cars and on Gasoline Mimic an Unavailable Tax on Emissions?," NBER Working Papers 7059, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guillaume Gaulier & Séverine Haller, 2000. "The Convergence of Automobile Prices in the European Union: an Empirical Analysis for the Period 1993-1999," Working Papers 2000-14, CEPII research center.
- José Moraga-González & Noemi Padrón-Fumero, 2002. "Environmental Policy in a Green Market," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 22(3), pages 419-447, July.
- Ibon Galarraga & David Heres Del Valle & Mikel González-Eguino, 2011. "Price Premium for High-Efficiency Refrigerators and Calculation of Price-Elasticities for Close-Substitutes: Combining Hedonic Pricing and Demand Systems," Working Papers 2011-07, BC3.
- Sylvain Prado, 2009.
"The European used-car market at a glance: Hedonic resale price valuation in automotive leasing industry,"
EconomiX Working Papers
2009-22, University of Paris West - Nanterre la Défense, EconomiX.
- Sylvain M. Prado, 2009. "The European used-car market at a glance: Hedonic resale price valuation in automotive leasing industry," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(3), pages 2086-2099.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.