The Convergence of Automobile Prices in the European Union: an Empirical Analysis for the Period 1993-1999
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by CEPII research center in its series Working Papers with number 2000-14.
Date of creation: Nov 2000
Date of revision:
Regional integration; Models; International comparison; Convergence; Single market; automobile; International trade;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- L62 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Automobiles; Other Transportation Equipment
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- C. Couton & F. Gardes & Y. Thepaut, 1996. "Hedonic prices for environmental and safety characteristics and the Akerlof effect in the French car market," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(7), pages 435-440.
- Victor Ginsburgh & Yves Mertens, 1985. "Product differentiation and discrimination in the European Community: the case of automobiles," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/1755, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Bartik, Timothy J, 1987. "The Estimation of Demand Parameters in Hedonic Price Models," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(1), pages 81-88, February.
- Pinelopi Koujianou Goldberg & Frank Verboven, 1998.
"The Evolution of Price Dispersion in the European Car Market,"
NBER Working Papers
6818, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Goldberg, Pinelopi Koujianou & Verboven, Frank, 2001. "The Evolution of Price Dispersion in the European Car Market," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 68(4), pages 811-48, October.
- Goldberg, Pinelopi Koujianou & Verboven, Frank, 1998. "The Evolution of Price Dispersion in the European Car Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 2029, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- ANDERSON, Simon P. & GINSBURGH, Victor A., .
"International pricing with costly consumer arbitrage,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-1373, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Anderson, Simon P & Ginsburgh, Victor A, 1999. "International Pricing with Costly Consumer Arbitrage," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(1), pages 126-39, February.
- Kirman, Alan & Schueller, Nathalie, 1990.
"Price Leadership and Discrimination in the European Car Market,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(1), pages 69-91, September.
- Kirman, A.P. & Schueller, N., 1990. "Price Leadership And Discrimination In The European Car Market," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 90b02, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- MERTENS, Yves & GINSBURGH, Victor, .
"Product differentiation and price discrimination in the European Community: The case of automobiles,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-672, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Mertens, Yves & Ginsburgh, Victor, 1985. "Product Differentiation and Price Discrimination in the European Community: The Case of Automobiles," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(2), pages 151-66, December.
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132.
- K. K. Lancaster, 2010. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1385, David K. Levine.
- Georges BRESSON & Claude MATHIEU, 1992. "Différenciation horizontale et verticale des produits : Une application à l'industrie automobile," Annales d'Economie et de Statistique, ENSAE, issue 27, pages 115-147.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Danzon, Patricia M. & Chao, Li-Wei, 2000. "Cross-national price differences for pharmaceuticals: how large, and why?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 159-195, March.
- Victor GINSBURGH & Geneviève VANHAMME, 1989.
"Price Differences in the EC Car Market. Some Further Results,"
Annales d'Economie et de Statistique,
ENSAE, issue 15-16, pages 137-149.
- Victor Ginsburgh & Geneviève Vanhamme, 1989. "Price differences in the EC car market: some further results," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/1737, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Sylvain Prado, 2010. "A Family Hitch : Econometrics of the New and the Used Car Markets," EconomiX Working Papers 2010-4, University of Paris West - Nanterre la Défense, EconomiX.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.