Price differences in the EC car market: some further results
AbstractWe show that price differences across EC countries have seriously decreased in 1986-87 compared with 1983-84. It is however difficult to assess whether this evolution is due to exchange rate variations going "in the right direction" or to voluntary decisions made by producers to comply with EC regulations. We also show that exchange rate and production cost variations do not seem to be transmitted to export prices; exporters merely follow prices set by domestic producers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles in its series ULB Institutional Repository with number 2013/1737.
Date of creation: 1989
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in: France. Institut National de la Statistique et des Etudes Economiques. Annales d'Economie et de Statistique (1989) v.15-16,p.153-170
Other versions of this item:
- Victor GINSBURGH & Geneviève VANHAMME, 1989. "Price Differences in the EC Car Market. Some Further Results," Annales d'Economie et de Statistique, ENSAE, issue 15-16, pages 137-149.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hugo J. Reis & J.M.C. Santos Silva, 2003.
"Hedonic Prices Indexes for New Passenger Cars in Portugal (1997- 2001),"
- Reis, Hugo J. & Santos Silva, J.M.C., 2006. "Hedonic prices indexes for new passenger cars in Portugal (1997-2001)," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 890-908, December.
- Hugo J. Reis & J.M.C.Santos Silva, 2002. "Hedonic Prices Indexes for New Passenger Cars in Portugal (1997-2001)," Economic Bulletin and Financial Stability Report Articles, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Hugo J. Reis & J.M.C.Santos Silva, 2002. "Hedonic Prices Indexes for New Passenger Cars in Portugal (1997-2001)," Working Papers w200210, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Bletschacher, Georg & Klodt, Henning, 1992. "Strategische Handels- und Industriepolitik : theoretische Grundlagen, Branchenanalysen und wettbewerbspolitische Implikationen," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 456, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Gil-Pareja, Salvador, 2003. "Pricing to market behaviour in European car markets," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(6), pages 945-962, December.
- GINSBURGH, Victor & WEBER, Shlomo, 1996.
"Product Lines and Price Discrimination in the European Car Market,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1996007, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Ginsburgh, Victor & Weber, Shlomo, 2002. "Product Lines and Price Discrimination in the European Car Market," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 70(1), pages 101-14, January.
- Victor Ginsburgh & Shlomo Weber, 2002. "Product lines and price discrimination in the European car market," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/1689, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- GINSBURGH , Victor & WEBER, Shlomo, . "Product lines and price discrimination in the European car market," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1547, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Guillaume Gaulier & Séverine Haller, 2000. "The Convergence of Automobile Prices in the European Union: an Empirical Analysis for the Period 1993-1999," Working Papers 2000-14, CEPII research center.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benoit Pauwels).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.