Supportability, Sustainability, and Subsidy-Free Prices
AbstractThis article studies the relationships among the concepts of subsidy-free prices, anonymously equitable prices, supportability, and sustainability. In particular, we set out conditions under which these concepts are not vacuous. Several new sets of conditions under which a subsidy-free price vector is sustainable are also presented. For general, nonseparable demands, we establish the existence of an Aumann-Shapley price vector that is anonymously equitable and sustainable.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by The RAND Corporation in its journal RAND Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 16 (1985)
Issue (Month): 1 (Spring)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.rje.org
Other versions of this item:
- Leonard J. Mirman, 1983. "Supportability, Sustainability and Subsidy Free Prices," Discussion Papers, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science 563, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- William W. Sharkey, 1981. "Existence of Sustainable Prices for Natural Monopoly Outputs," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, The RAND Corporation, vol. 12(1), pages 144-154, Spring.
- Mirman, Leonard J. & Tauman, Yair & Zang, Israel, 1986.
"Ramsey prices, average cost prices and price sustainability,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 123-140, June.
- Leonard J. Mirman & Yair Tauman & Israel Zang, 1983. "Ramsey Prices, Average Cost Prices and Price Sustainability," Discussion Papers, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science 561, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- ten Raa, Thijs, 1983. "Supportability and anonymous equity," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 176-181, October.
- Faulhaber, Gerald R & Levinson, Stephen B, 1981. "Subsidy-Free Prices and Anonymous Equity [Cross-Subsidization: Pricing in Public Enterprises]," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 1083-91, December.
- John C. Panzar & Robert D. Willig, 1977. "Free Entry and the Sustainability of Natural Monopoly," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, The RAND Corporation, vol. 8(1), pages 1-22, Spring.
- Baumol, William J & Bailey, Elizabeth E & Willig, Robert D, 1977. "Weak Invisible Hand Theorems on the Sustainability of Multiproduct Natural Monopoly," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, American Economic Association, vol. 67(3), pages 350-65, June.
- Sharkey, William W. & Telser, Lester G., 1978. "Supportable cost functions for the multiproduct firm," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 23-37, June.
- Faulhaber, Gerald R, 1975. "Cross-Subsidization: Pricing in Public Enterprises," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, American Economic Association, vol. 65(5), pages 966-77, December.
- Iehlé, Vincent, 2008.
"Sustainability in a multiproduct and multiple agent contestable market,"
13013, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vincent Iehlé, 2009. "Sustainability In A Multiproduct And Multiple Agent Contestable Market," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(2), pages 151-164, 04.
- Iehlé, Vincent, 2009. "Sustainability in a Multiproduct and Multiple Agent Contestable Market," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine, Paris Dauphine University 123456789/84, Paris Dauphine University.
- Dreze, Jacques & Le Breton, Michel & Savvateev, Alexei & Weber, Shlomo, 2006. "0.19% Subsidy-Free Spatial Pricing," IDEI Working Papers, Institut d'Ãconomie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse 423, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.