Structural Balance Policy in Chile
AbstractSince 2001, Chile’s fiscal policy has been built on the concept of a central government structural balance. The Fiscal Responsibility Law, approved in 2006, gave legal force to key aspects of the structural surplus and fiscal policy. This article assesses the results of the structural surplus rule in Chile over the past six years.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by OECD Publishing in its journal OECD Journal on Budgeting.
Volume (Year): 7 (2007)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel, 2011.
"A Solution to Fiscal Procyclicality: The Structural Budget Institutions Pioneered by Chile,"
NBER Working Papers
16945, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeffrey Frankel, 2011. "A Solution to Fiscal Procyclicality: the Structural Budget Institutions Pioneered by Chile," Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy), Central Bank of Chile, vol. 14(2), pages 39-78, August.
- Jeffrey Frankel, 2011. "A Solution to Fiscal Procyclicality: the Structural Budget Institutions Pioneered by Chile," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 604, Central Bank of Chile.
- Juan Carlos Chávez Martín del Campo & Ricardo Rodríguez Vargas & Felipe de Jesús Fonseca Hernández, 2010.
"Vacas gordas y vacas flacas: la política fiscal y el balance estructural en México, 1990-2009,"
El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos, vol. 25(2), pages 309-336.
- Juan Carlos Chávez Martín del Campo & Ricardo Rodríguez Vargas & Felipe de Jesús Fonseca Hernández, 2010. "Vacas gordas y vacas flacas: La Política Fiscal y el Balance Estructural en México, 1990-2009," Department of Economics and Finance Working Papers EC201004, Universidad de Guanajuato, Department of Economics and Finance.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.