Parental role models and the decision to become self-employed: The moderating effect of personality
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Small Business Economics.
Volume (Year): 38 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100338
Role model; Self-employment; Personality; Openness; Moderator; Entrepreneurship; C12; L26; M13; R11;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- M13 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - New Firms; Startups
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- P. Mueller, 2006. "Entrepreneurship in the Region: Breeding Ground for Nascent Entrepreneurs?," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 41-58, August.
- Thurik, A. Roy & Carree, Martin A. & Stel, André van & Audretsch, David B., 2008.
"Does self-employment reduce unemployment,"
Open Access publications from Maastricht University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-23097, Maastricht University.
- David B. Audretsch & Roy Thurik & Andre van Stel & M.A. Carree, 2006. "Does Self-Employment Reduce Unemployment?," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2005-07, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- A. Roy Thurik & Martin A. Carree & Andre van Stel & David B. Audretsch, 2007. "Does Self-Employment reduce Unemployment?," Jena Economic Research Papers 2007-089, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
- André van Stel & Roy Thurik & David Audretsch & Martin Carree, 2005. "Does Self-Employment Reduce Unemployment?," Scales Research Reports N200504, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- André van Stel & Roy Thurik & David Audretsch & Martin Carree, 2007. "Does Self-Employment Reduce Unemployment?," Scales Research Reports H200709, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Audretsch, David B & Carree, Martin A & Thurik, A R Roy & van Stel, A J, 2005. "Does Self-Employment Reduce Unemployment?," CEPR Discussion Papers 5057, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Thomas Dunn & Douglas Holtz-Eakin, 2000. "Financial Capital, Human Capital, and the Transition to Self-Employment:Evidence from Intergenerational Links," NBER Working Papers 5622, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ruta Aidis & Friederike Welter & David Smallbone & Nina Isakova, 2007. "Female entrepreneurship in transition economies: the case of Lithuania and Ukraine," Feminist Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 157-183.
- Davidsson, Per & Honig, Benson, 2003. "The role of social and human capital among nascent entrepreneurs," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 301-331, May.
- Chen, Chao C. & Greene, Patricia Gene & Crick, Ann, 1998. "Does entrepreneurial self-efficacy distinguish entrepreneurs from managers?," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 295-316, July.
- Dunn, Thomas & Holtz-Eakin, Douglas, 2000. "Financial Capital, Human Capital, and the Transition to Self-Employment: Evidence from Intergenerational Links," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(2), pages 282-305, April.
- Phillip Kim & Howard Aldrich & Lisa Keister, 2006. "Access (Not) Denied: The Impact of Financial, Human, and Cultural Capital on Entrepreneurial Entryin the United States," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 5-22, August.
- De Wit, Gerrit & Van Winden, Frans A. A. M., 1990.
"An empirical analysis of self-employment in the Netherlands,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 97-100, January.
- De Wit, G. & Winden, F., 1989. "An Empirical Analysis Of Self-Employment In The Netherlands," Papers 89.02, NEUHUYS - RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR SMALL AND MEDIUM.
- Morris, Michael H. & Williams, Roy O. & Allen, Jeffrey A. & Avila, Ramon A., 1997. "Correlates of success in family business transitions," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 12(5), pages 385-401, September.
- Carr, Jon C. & Sequeira, Jennifer M., 2007. "Prior family business exposure as intergenerational influence and entrepreneurial intent: A Theory of Planned Behavior approach," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(10), pages 1090-1098, October.
- Das, T. K. & Teng, Bing-Sheng, 2001. "A risk perception model of alliance structuring," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 1-29.
- Marshall, James P. & Sorenson, Ritch & Brigham, Keith & Wieling, Elizabeth & Reifman, Alan & Wampler, Richard S., 2006. "The paradox for the family firm CEO: Owner age relationship to succession-related processes and plans," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 348-368, May.
- Vivarelli, Marco, 2012. "Drivers of entrepreneurship and post-entry performance : microeconomic evidence from advanced and developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6245, The World Bank.
- Marco Vivarelli, 2012. "Entrepreneurship and Post-Entry Performance: the Microeconomic Evidence," DISCE - Quaderni del Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali dises1286, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Michael Wyrwich, 2013. "In the name of my parents: Entrepreneurship and the intergenerational transmission of values," Jena Economic Research Papers 2013-031, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
- Simoes, Nadia & Moreira, Sandrina B. & Crespo, Nuno, 2013. "Individual Determinants of Self-Employment Entry – What Do We Really Know?," MPRA Paper 48403, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Quatraro, Francesco & Vivarelli, Marco, 2013. "Drivers of Entrepreneurship and Post-Entry Performance of Newborn Firms in Developing Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 7436, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.