Determinants of growth in non-farm proprietor densities in the US, 1990–2000
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Small Business Economics.
Volume (Year): 32 (2009)
Issue (Month): 4 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100338
County-level; Non-farm proprietor employment density; Spatial effects; L26; J24;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1982. "Selection and the Evolution of Industry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(3), pages 649-70, May.
- Rupasingha, Anil & Goetz, Stephan J. & Freshwater, David, 2006. "The production of social capital in US counties," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 83-101, February.
- Dunne, Timothy & Roberts, Mark J & Samuelson, Larry, 1989.
"The Growth and Failure of U.S. Manufacturing Plants,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 104(4), pages 671-98, November.
- Dunne, T. & Roberts, M.J. & Samuelson, L., 1988. "The Growth And Failure Of U.S. Manufacturing Plants," Papers 1-87-5, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Catherine Armington & Zoltan Acs, 2002. "The Determinants of Regional Variation in New Firm Formation," Regional Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 36(1), pages 33-45.
- Baqir, Reza & Easterly, William & Alesina, Alberto, 1999.
"Public Goods and Ethnic Divisions,"
4551797, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Alberto Alesina & Reza Baqir & William Easterly, 1997. "Public Goods and Ethnic Divisions," NBER Working Papers 6009, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alesina, Alberto & Baqir, Reza & Easterly, William, 1999. "Public goods and ethnic divisions," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2108, The World Bank.
- William B. Beyers, . "Trends in producer services growth in the rural heartland," Monograph, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, number 1996tipsgitr.
- George J. Borjas, 1986. "The Self-Employment Experience of Immigrants," NBER Working Papers 1942, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ritsila, Jari & Tervo, Hannu, 2002.
" Effects of Unemployment on New Firm Formation: Micro-level Panel Data Evidence from Finland,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 19(1), pages 31-40, August.
- Tervo, Hannu & Ritsilä, Jari, 2000. "Effects Of Unemployment On New Firm Formation:Micro-Level Panel Data Evidence From Finland," ERSA conference papers ersa00p88, European Regional Science Association.
- Sergio Rey & Brett Montouri, 1999. "US Regional Income Convergence: A Spatial Econometric Perspective," Regional Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 33(2), pages 143-156.
- Roope Uusitalo, 1999.
205, Government Institute for Economic Research Finland (VATT).
- Barton H. Hamilton, 2000. "Does Entrepreneurship Pay? An Empirical Analysis of the Returns to Self-Employment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(3), pages 604-631, June.
- P. Köllinger & M. Minniti, 2006.
"Not for Lack of Trying: American Entrepreneurship in Black and White,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 59-79, August.
- Philipp Köllinger & Maria Minniti, 2006. "Not for Lack of Trying: American Entrepreneurship in Black and White," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 574, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Alberto Alesina & Eliana La Ferrara, 1999.
"Participation in Heterogeneous Communities,"
NBER Working Papers
7155, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cowling, Marc & Mitchell, Peter, 1997. "The Evolution of U.K. Self-Employment: A Study of Government Policy and the Role of the Macroeconomy," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 65(4), pages 427-42, September.
- Harald Strotmann, 2007. "Entrepreneurial Survival," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 87-104, January.
- McGranahan, David A., 1999. "Natural Amenities Drive Rural Population Change," Agricultural Economics Reports 33955, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Evans, David S & Leighton, Linda S, 1989. "Some Empirical Aspects of Entrepreneurship," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(3), pages 519-35, June.
- Anselin, Luc & Bera, Anil K. & Florax, Raymond & Yoon, Mann J., 1996. "Simple diagnostic tests for spatial dependence," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 77-104, February.
- Lin, Zhengxi & Picot, Garnett & Compton, Janice, 2000. " The Entry and Exit Dynamics of Self-Employment in Canada," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 105-25, September.
- La Ferrara, Eliana & Alesina, Alberto, 2000. "Participation in Heterogeneous Communities," Scholarly Articles 4551796, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Blau, David M, 1987. "A Time-Series Analysis of Self-employment in the United State," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(3), pages 445-67, June.
- Bradford, William D & Osborne, Alfred E, Jr, 1976. "The Entrepreneurship Decision and Black Economic Development," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(2), pages 316-19, May.
- Evans, David S & Jovanovic, Boyan, 1989. "An Estimated Model of Entrepreneurial Choice under Liquidity Constraints," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 808-27, August.
- Thomas G. Johnson, 2000. "The rural economy in a new century," Proceedings – Rural and Agricultural Conferences, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Oct, pages 7-20.
- Evans, David S., 1986.
"Tests of Alternative Theories of Firm Growth,"
86-36, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Parker, Simon C, 1996. "A Time Series Model of Self-Employment under Uncertainty," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 63(251), pages 459-75, August.
- Sooriyakumar Krishnapillai & Henry Kinnucan, 2012. "The Impact Of Automobile Production On The Growth Of Non-Farm Proprietor Densities In Alabama'S Counties," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 37(3), pages 25-46, September.
- Partridge, Mark & Betz, Mike, 2012. "Country Road Take Me Home: Migration Patterns in the Appalachia America and Place-Based Policy," MPRA Paper 38293, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Heather M. Stephens & Mark D. Partridge, 2011. "Do Entrepreneurs Enhance Economic Growth in Lagging Regions?," Growth and Change, Gatton College of Business and Economics, University of Kentucky, vol. 42(4), pages 431-465, December.
- Goetz, Stephan J. & Partridge, Mark D. & Deller, Steven C. & Fleming, David A., 2010. "Evaluating U.S. Rural Entrepreneurship Policy," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 40(1).
- Kim, Younghwan & Kim, Wonjoon & Yang, Taeyong, 2012. "The effect of the triple helix system and habitat on regional entrepreneurship: Empirical evidence from the U.S," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 154-166.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.