Efficiency measurements and the gains from trade under transaction costs
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Productivity Analysis.
Volume (Year): 26 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100296
Technical efficiency; Allocative efficiency; Price efficiency; Transaction cost; Second best; Gains from trade; B4; D5; D6; F1;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B4 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology
- D5 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium
- D6 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zohra Bouamra-Mechemache & Jean-Paul Chavas & Thomas L. Cox & Vincent Réquillart, 2002. "Partial Market Liberalization and the Efficiency of Policy Reform: The Case of the European Dairy Sector," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(4), pages 1003-1020.
- Anderson, James E & Neary, J Peter, 1992.
"A New Approach to Evaluating Trade Policy,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
683, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gorg, Holger & Strobl, Eric, 2001. "Multinational Companies and Productivity Spillovers: A Meta-analysis," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(475), pages F723-39, November.
- Ostroy, Joseph M & Starr, Ross M, 1974.
"Money and the Decentralization of Exchange,"
Econometric Society, vol. 42(6), pages 1093-1113, November.
- Joseph M. Ostroy & Ross M. Starr, 1973. "Money and the Decentralization of Exchange," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 349, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Joseph M. Ostroy & Ross M. Starr, 1973. "Money and the Decentralization of Exchange," UCLA Economics Working Papers 041, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Hahn, F H, 1971. "Equilibrium with Transaction Costs," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(3), pages 417-39, May.
- Haishun Sun & Phillip Hone & Hristos Doucouliago, 1999. "Economic openness and technical efficiency: A case study of Chinese manufacturing industries," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 7(3), pages 615-636, November.
- Luenberger, David G., 1992. "Benefit functions and duality," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 461-481.
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna & Nelson, Julianne, 1990. "On Price Efficiency," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 31(3), pages 709-20, August.
- Foley, Duncan K., 1970. "Economic equilibrium with costly marketing," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 276-291, September.
- Chambers, Robert G. & Chung, Yangho & Fare, Rolf, 1996. "Benefit and Distance Functions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 407-419, August.
- Kemp, Murray C & Wan, Henry Y, Jr, 1972. "The Gains from Free Trade," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 13(3), pages 509-22, October.
- W. Erwin Diewert & Alan D. Woodland, 2004. "The Gains from Trade and Policy Reform Revisited," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(4), pages 591-608, 09.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.