Parametric Efficiency Tests, Economies of Scale, and Input Demand in U.S. Electric Power Generation
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association in its journal International Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 25 (1984)
Issue (Month): 3 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 160 McNeil Building, 3718 Locust Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6297
Phone: (215) 898-8487
Fax: (215) 573-2057
Web page: http://www.econ.upenn.edu/ier
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nemoto, Jiro & Goto, Mika, 2004. "Technological externalities and economies of vertical integration in the electric utility industry," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 67-81, January.
- David H. Good & M. Ishaq Nadiri & Robin C. Sickles, 1991.
"The Structure of Production, Technical Change and Efficiency in a Multiproduct Industry: An Application to U.S. Airlines,"
NBER Working Papers
3939, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Good, David H. & Nadiri, M. Ishaq & Sickles, Robin C., 1989. "The Structure Of Production, Technical Change And Efficiency In A Multiproduct Industry: An Application To U.S. Airlines," Working Papers 89-14, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Tschirhart, John, 1995. "Monopsony power and the existence of natural monopoly in energy utilities," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 327-340, December.
- Atkinson, Scott E. & Halvorsen, Robert, 1998. "Parametric tests for static and dynamic equilibrium," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 85(1), pages 33-50, July.
- Atkinson, Scott E. & Primont, Daniel, 2002. "Stochastic estimation of firm technology, inefficiency, and productivity growth using shadow cost and distance functions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 108(2), pages 203-225, June.
- Lee, Myunghun, 2002. "The effect of sulfur regulations on the U.S. electric power industry: a generalized cost approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 491-508, September.
- Diaz-Hernández, Juan José & Martinez-Budria, Eduardo & Jara-Diaz, Sergio, 2008. "The effects of ignoring inefficiency in the analysis of production: The case of cargo handling in Spanish ports," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 321-329, February.
- Mohamed Chaffai, 1998. "Estimation des inefficiences techniques et allocatives des banques de dépôts tunisiennes : une frontière de coût fictif," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 136(5), pages 117-129.
- Atkinson, Scott E. & Dorfman, Jeffrey H., 2005. "Feasible Estimation of Firm-Specific Allocative Inefficiency through Bayesian Numerical Methods," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19402, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Krasachat, Wirat, 2000. "Production Structure and Technical Change in Thai Agriculture, 1972-1994," 2000 Conference (44th), January 23-25, 2000, Sydney, Australia 123688, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Chaffai, Mohamed E., 1997. "Estimating input-specific technical inefficiency: The case of the Tunisian banking industry," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 314-331, April.
- Olatubi, Williams O. & Dismukes, David E., 2000. "A data envelopment analysis of the levels and determinants of coal-fired electric power generation performance," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 47-59, June.
- Das, Nibedita, 2000. "Technology, efficiency and sustainability of competition in the Indian telecommunications sector," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 133-154, June.
- Mosheim, Roberto & Lovell, C.A. Knox, 2006. "Economic Efficiency, Structure and Scale Economies in the U.S. Dairy Sector," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21440, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Fisher-Vanden, Karen & Ho, Mun S., 2010. "Technology, development, and the environment," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 94-108, January.
- Christopoulos, Dimitris K. & Tsionas, Efthymios G., 2002. "Allocative inefficiency and the capital-energy controversy," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 305-318, July.
- Triantis, Konstantinos & Otis, Paul, 2004. "Dominance-based measurement of productive and environmental performance for manufacturing," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 154(2), pages 447-464, April.
- Ramos-Real, Francisco Javier, 2005. "Cost functions and the electric utility industry. A contribution to the debate on deregulation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 69-87, January.
- Juan José Díaz-Hernández, . "Exact Allocative and Technical Inefficiency Using the Normalized Quadratic Cost System," Studies on the Spanish Economy 210, FEDEA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.