Spatio-temporal autocorrelation of road network data
AbstractModelling autocorrelation structure among space–time observations is crucial in space–time modelling and forecasting. The aim of this research is to examine the spatio-temporal autocorrelation structure of road networks in order to determine likely requirements for building a suitable space–time forecasting model. Exploratory space–time autocorrelation analysis is carried out using journey time data collected on London’s road network. Through the use of both global and local autocorrelation measures, the autocorrelation structure of the road network is found to be dynamic and heterogeneous in both space and time. It reveals that a global measure of autocorrelation is not sufficient to explain the network structure. Dynamic and local structures must be accounted for space–time modelling and forecasting. This has broad implications for space–time modelling and network complexity. Copyright Springer-Verlag 2012
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Geographical Systems.
Volume (Year): 14 (2012)
Issue (Month): 4 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=103079
Spatial autocorrelation; Network structure; Space–time autocorrelation; Space–time modelling; Travel time prediction; Network complexity; R41; C23; C52;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R41 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Transportation: Demand, Supply, and Congestion
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jenelius, Erik & Koutsopoulos, Haris N., 2013. "Travel time estimation for urban road networks using low frequency probe vehicle data," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 64-81.
- Christopher T. Boyko & Rachel Cooper, 2013. "Density and Decision-Making: Findings from an Online Survey," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(10), pages 4502-4522, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.