Modeling network autocorrelation within migration flows by eigenvector spatial filtering
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Geographical Systems.
Volume (Year): 10 (2008)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=103079
Network autocorrelation; Spatial filtering; Spatial interaction; Eigenvector; Migration; C21; R23;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- V I Shvetsov & Yu A Dubov, 1997. "Expected distributions in the intervening opportunities model," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 29(7), pages 1229-1241, July.
- Daniel A Griffith, 2004. "A spatial filtering specification for the autologistic model," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 36(10), pages 1791-1811, October.
- Bolduc, D. & Dagenais, M. & Gaudry, M.J.I., 1988.
"Spatially Autocorrected Errors In Origin-Destination Models A New Specification Applied To Aggregate Mode Choice,"
Cahiers de recherche
8811, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Bolduc, Denis & Dagenais, Marcel G. & Gaudry, Marc J. I., 1989. "Spatially autocorrelated errors in origin-destination models: A new specification applied to aggregate mode choice," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 361-372, October.
- Bolduc, D. & Dagenais, M.G. & Gaudry, M.J.I., 1988. "Spatially Autocorrected Errors in Origin-Destination Models a New Specification Applied to Aggregate Mode Choice," Cahiers de recherche 8811, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- A S Fotheringham, 1986. "Modelling hierarchical destination choice," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 18(3), pages 401-418, March.
- T J Fik & R G Amey & G F Mulligan, 1992. "Labor migration amongst hierarchically competing and intervening origins and destinations," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 24(9), pages 1271-1290, September.
- Manfred M. Fischer & Daniel A. Griffith, 2008. "Modeling Spatial Autocorrelation In Spatial Interaction Data: An Application To Patent Citation Data In The European Union," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(5), pages 969-989.
- P Congdon, 1993. "Approaches to modelling overdispersion in the analysis of migration," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 25(10), pages 1481-1510, October.
- A S Fotheringham, 1983. "A new set of spatial-interaction models: the theory of competing destinations," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 15(1), pages 15-36, January.
- Griffith, Daniel A., 2007. "Spatial Structure and Spatial Interaction: 25 Years Later," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 37(1), pages 28-38.
- K. Bruce Newbold, 2005. "Spatial scale, return and onward migration, and the Long-Boertlein index of repeat migration," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 84(2), pages 281-290, 06.
- Daniel Griffith, 2006. "Hidden negative spatial autocorrelation," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 8(4), pages 335-355, October.
- Lourdes M W Almeida & Mirian B Gon�alves, 2001. "A methodology to incorporate behavioral aspects in trip-distribution models with an application to estimate student flow," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 33(6), pages 1125-1138, June.
- H Jayet, 1990. "Spatial search processes and spatial interaction: 1. Sequential search, intervening opportunities, and spatial search equilibrium," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 22(5), pages 583-599, May.
- Cushing, Brian J, 1987. "Location-Specific Amenities, Topography, and Population Migration," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 74-85, July.
- Paul S. Davies & Michael J. Greenwood & Haizheng Li, 2001. "A Conditional Logit Approach to U.S. State-to-State Migration," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(2), pages 337-360.
- Michael Tiefelsdorf & Daniel A Griffith, 2007. "Semiparametric filtering of spatial autocorrelation: the eigenvector approach," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 39(5), pages 1193-1221, May.
- Giuseppe Ricciardo Lamonica & Barbara Zagaglia, 2013. "The determinants of internal mobility in Italy, 1995-2006," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 29(16), pages 407-440, September.
- François Bavaud, 2013. "Testing spatial autocorrelation in weighted networks: the modes permutation test," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 233-247, July.
- Daniel Griffith & Manfred Fischer, 2013. "Constrained variants of the gravity model and spatial dependence: model specification and estimation issues," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 291-317, July.
- Tao Cheng & James Haworth & Jiaqiu Wang, 2012. "Spatio-temporal autocorrelation of road network data," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 389-413, October.
- Tamara Mata & Carlos Llano, 2013. "Social networks and trade of services: modelling interregional flows with spatial and network autocorrelation effects," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 319-367, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.