Benefit Transfer Equivalence Tests with Non-normal Distributions
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists in its journal Environmental and Resource Economics.
Volume (Year): 41 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100263
Benefits transfer; Equivalence test; Valuation; Convolutions; Willingness to pay; Farmland;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Adamowicz, Wiktor L. & Boxall, Peter C. & Williams, Michael & Louviere, Jordan, 1995. "Stated Preference Approaches for Measuring Passive Use Values: Choice Experiments versus Contingent Valuation," Staff Paper Series 24126, University of Alberta, Department of Resource Economics and Environmental Sociology.
- Thomas C. Brown & Patricia A. Champ & Richard C. Bishop & Daniel W. McCollum, 1996. "Which Response Format Reveals the Truth about Donations to a Public Good?," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 72(2), pages 152-166.
- Wiktor Adamowicz & Peter Boxall & Michael Williams & Jordan Louviere, 1998. "Stated Preference Approaches for Measuring Passive Use Values: Choice Experiments and Contingent Valuation," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(1), pages 64-75.
- Krinsky, Itzhak & Robb, A Leslie, 1986. "On Approximating the Statistical Properties of Elasticities," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(4), pages 715-19, November.
- Mark Morrison & Jeff Bennett & Russell Blamey & Jordan Louviere, 2002. "Choice Modeling and Tests of Benefit Transfer," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(1), pages 161-170.
- Stegner, Bruce L. & Bostrom, Alan G. & Greenfield, Thomas K., 1996. "Equivalence testing for use in psychosocial and services research: An introduction with examples," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 193-198, August.
- Gregory L. Poe & Kelly L. Giraud & John B. Loomis, 2005. "Computational Methods for Measuring the Difference of Empirical Distributions," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(2), pages 353-365.
- Loomis, John B. & Traynor, Kerri & Brown, Thomas C., 1999. "Trichotomous Choice: A Possible Solution To Dual Response Objectives In Dichotomous Choice Contingent Valuation Questions," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 24(02), December.
- Morrison, Mark & Bergland, Olvar, 2006. "Prospects for the use of choice modelling for benefit transfer," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 420-428, December.
- Nick Hanley & Sergio Colombo & Dugald Tinch & Andrew Black & Ashar Aftab, 2006. "Estimating the benefits of water quality improvements under the Water Framework Directive: are benefits transferable?," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 33(3), pages 391-413, September.
- Dadi Kristofersson & Ståle Navrud, 2005. "Validity Tests of Benefit Transfer – Are We Performing the Wrong Tests?," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 30(3), pages 279-286, 03.
- Bateman, Ian J. & Cole, Matthew & Cooper, Philip & Georgiou, Stavros & Hadley, David & Poe, Gregory L., 2004. "On visible choice sets and scope sensitivity," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 71-93, January.
- Ryan Stapler & Robert Johnston, 2009. "Meta-Analysis, Benefit Transfer, and Methodological Covariates: Implications for Transfer Error," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 42(2), pages 227-246, February.
- Taro Ohdoko & Satoru Komatsu & Shinji Kaneko, 2013.
"Residential preferences for stable electricity supply and a reduction in air pollution risk: a benefit transfer study using choice modeling in China,"
Environmental Economics and Policy Studies,
Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 15(3), pages 309-328, July.
- Taro Ohdoko & Satoru Komatsu & Shinji Kaneko, 2012. "Residential preferences for stable electricity supply and a reduction in air pollution risk: A benefit transfer study using choice modeling in China," IDEC DP2 Series 2-12, Hiroshima University, Graduate School for International Development and Cooperation (IDEC).
- Baskaran, Ramesh & Cullen, Ross & Colombo, Sergio, 2010.
"Testing different types of benefit transfer in valuation of ecosystem services: New Zealand winegrowing case studies,"
Elsevier, vol. 69(5), pages 1010-1022, March.
- Baskaran, Ramesh & Cullen, Ross & Colombo, Sergio, 2009. "Testing Different Types of Benefit Transfer in Valuation of Ecosystem Services: New Zealand Winegrowing Case Studies," 2009 Conference (53rd), February 11-13, 2009, Cairns, Australia 48189, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Johnston, Robert J. & Duke, Joshua M. & Kukielka, Jessica B., 2008. "Optimizing Farmland Preservation Choices Across Communities and Jurisdictional Scales: To What Extent are Amenity Values and Selection Criteria Transferable?," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6243, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Johnston, Robert J. & Duke, Joshua M., 2010. "Socioeconomic adjustments and choice experiment benefit function transfer: Evaluating the common wisdom," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 421-438, August.
- Baskaran, Ramesh & Cullen, Ross & Colombo, Sergio, 2010. "Economic Valuation of Ecosystem Services in New Zealand Winegrowing Regions: Testing for Benefit Transfer," Review of Applied Economics, Review of Applied Economics, vol. 6(1-2).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.