Can Ecolabeling Schemes Preserve the Environment?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists in its journal Environmental and Resource Economics.
Volume (Year): 40 (2008)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100263
Altruism; Eco-labels; Duopoly; Environmental policy; D11; D21; L15;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- L15 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Information and Product Quality
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bourgeon, J.M. & Coestier, B., 1996.
"Private Versus Public Product Labeling,"
9619, Paris X - Nanterre, U.F.R. de Sc. Ec. Gest. Maths Infor..
- Cesare Dosi & Michele Moretto, 1999.
"Is Ecolabelling a Reliable Environmental Policy Measure?,"
1999.9, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Cesare Dosi & Michele Moretto, 2001. "Is Ecolabelling a Reliable Environmental Policy Measure?," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 18(1), pages 113-127, January.
- Kotchen, Matthew J., 2005.
"Impure public goods and the comparative statics of environmentally friendly consumption,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 281-300, March.
- Matthew J. Kotchen, 2003. "Impure Public Goods and the Comparative Statics of Environmentally Friendly Consumption," Department of Economics Working Papers 2003-06, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Darby, Michael R & Karni, Edi, 1973. "Free Competition and the Optimal Amount of Fraud," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 67-88, April.
- GABSZEWICZ, Jean J. & THISSE, Jacques-François, .
"Price competition, quality and income disparities,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-370, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Matthew J. Kotchen, 2003.
"Green Markets and Private Provision of Public Goods,"
Department of Economics Working Papers
2003-05, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Matthew J. Kotchen, 2006. "Green Markets and Private Provision of Public Goods," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 114(4), pages 816-845, August.
- Auriol, Emmanuelle & Schilizzi, Steven, 2003. "Quality Signaling through Certification. Theory and an Application to Agricultural Seed Market," IDEI Working Papers 165, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Foulon, Jerome & Lanoie, Paul & Laplante, Benoit, 2002. "Incentives for Pollution Control: Regulation or Information?," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 169-187, July.
- De, Sankar & Nabar, Prafulla, 1991. "Economic implications of imperfect quality certification," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 333-337, December.
- Teisl, Mario F. & Roe, Brian & Hicks, Robert L., 2002. "Can Eco-Labels Tune a Market? Evidence from Dolphin-Safe Labeling," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 339-359, May.
- Hamilton, Stephen F. & Zilberman, David, 2006. "Green markets, eco-certification, and equilibrium fraud," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 627-644, November.
- Amacher, Gregory S. & Koskela, Erkki & Ollikainen, Markku, 2004. "Environmental quality competition and eco-labeling," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 284-306, March.
- Thomas Bue Bjorner & Lars Garn Hansen & Clifford S. Russell, 2002.
"Environmental Labelling and Consumer's Choice - An Empirical Analysis of the Effect of the Nordic Swan,"
Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers
0203, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Bjorner, Thomas Bue & Hansen, L.G.Lars Garn & Russell, Clifford S., 2004. "Environmental labeling and consumers' choice--an empirical analysis of the effect of the Nordic Swan," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 411-434, May.
- Douadia Bougherara & Gilles Grolleau & Luc ThiÃ©baut, 2005. "Can Labelling Policies Do More Harm Than Good? An Analysis Applied to Environmental Labelling Schemes," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 19(1), pages 5-16, January.
- Crampes,C. & Ibanez,L., 1996. "The Economics of Green Labels," Papers 96.439, Toulouse - GREMAQ.
- Wanki Moon & Wojciech J. Florkowski & Bernhard Brückner & Ilona Schonhof, 2002. "Willingness to Pay for Environmental Practices: Implications for Eco-Labeling," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 78(1), pages 88-102.
- Christopher Bruce & Andrea Laroiya, 2007. "The Production of Eco-Labels," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 36(3), pages 275-293, March.
- Mattoo, Aaditya & Singh, Harsha V, 1994. "Eco-labelling: Policy Considerations," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 53-65.
- Sengupta, Aditi, 2012.
"Investment in cleaner technology and signaling distortions in a market with green consumers,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 468-480.
- Aditi Sengupta, 2011. "Investment in Cleaner Technology and Signaling Distortions in a Market with Green Consumers," Auburn Economics Working Paper Series auwp2011-10, Department of Economics, Auburn University.
- Aditi Sengupta, 2010. "Signaling environmental quality to green consumers and the incentive to invest in cleaner technology: Effect of environmental regulation," Departmental Working Papers 1001, Southern Methodist University, Department of Economics.
- Liu, Zugang (Leo) & Anderson, Trisha D. & Cruz, Jose M., 2012. "Consumer environmental awareness and competition in two-stage supply chains," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 218(3), pages 602-613.
- Yuki Yamamoto & Kenji Takeuchi & Takayoshi Shinkuma, 2012. "Are There Price Premiums for Certified Wood?Empirical Evidence from Log Auction Data in Japan," Discussion Papers 1209, Graduate School of Economics, Kobe University.
- Konishi, Yoshifumi, 2011. "Efficiency properties of binary ecolabeling," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 798-819.
- Cohen, Mark A. & Vandenbergh, Michael P., 2012.
"The potential role of carbon labeling in a green economy,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(S1), pages S53-S63.
- Cohen, Mark A. & Vandenbergh, Michael P., 2012. "The Potential Role of Carbon Labeling in a Green Economy," Discussion Papers dp-12-09, Resources For the Future.
- Delmas, Magali A. & Grant, Laura E., 2008. "Eco-Labeling Strategies: The Eco-Premium Puzzle In The Wine Industry," Working Papers 37325, American Association of Wine Economists.
- Ana Espinola-Arredondo & Felix Munoz-Garcia, 2012. "An Excessive Development of Green Products," Working Papers 2012-5, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University.
- Blanco, Ester & Lozano, Javier & Rey-Maquieira, Javier, 2009. "A dynamic approach to voluntary environmental contributions in tourism," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 104-114, November.
- Fuerst, Franz & McAllister, Pat, 2011. "Eco-labeling in commercial office markets: Do LEED and Energy Star offices obtain multiple premiums?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(6), pages 1220-1230, April.
- Dorothée Brécard & Sterenn Lucas & Nathalie Pichot & Frédéric Salladarré, 2011. "Consumer Preferences for Eco, Health and Fair Trade Labels. An Application to Seafood Product in France," Working Papers hal-00593744, HAL.
- Charles Mason, 2011. "Eco-Labeling and Market Equilibria with Noisy Certification Tests," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 48(4), pages 537-560, April.
- Aditi Sengupta, 2012. "Competitive Investment in Clean Technology and Uninformed Green Consumers," Auburn Economics Working Paper Series auwp2012-08, Department of Economics, Auburn University.
- Grolleau, Gilles & Ibanez, Lisette & Mzoughi, Naoufel, 2009. "Too much of a good thing? Why altruism can harm the environment?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(7), pages 2145-2149, May.
- Bonroy, O. & Constantatos, C., 2013. "On the economics of labels : a review of the theoretical literature," Working Papers 2013-01, Grenoble Applied Economics Laboratory (GAEL).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.