Benefits and Dangers of EU Enlargement
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Empirica.
Volume (Year): 29 (2002)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100261
EU enlargement; European integration; model simulations; EMU;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Casella, Alessandra, 1996.
"Large Countries, Small Countries and the Enlargement of Trade Blocs,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1320, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Casella, Alessandra, 1996. "Large countries, small countries and the enlargement of trade blocs," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 389-415, February.
- Alessandra Casella, 1995. "Large Countries, Small Countries, and the Enlargement of Trade Blocs," NBER Working Papers 5365, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arjan Lejour & Ruud de Mooij & Richard Nahuis, 2001.
"EU enlargement: economic implications for countries and industries,"
11, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Arjan M. Lejour & Ruud A. de Mooij & Richard Nahuis, 2001. "EU Enlargement: Economic Implications for Countries and Industries," CESifo Working Paper Series 585, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ricardo Faria, Joao & Leon-Ledesma, Miguel, 2003. "Testing the Balassa-Samuelson effect: Implications for growth and the PPP," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 241-253, June.
- Harald Badinger, 2005. "Growth Effects of Economic Integration: Evidence from the EU Member States," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 141(1), pages 50-78, April.
- Richard E. Baldwin & Joseph F. Francois & Richard Portes, 1997. "The costs and benefits of eastern enlargement: the impact on the EU and central Europe," Economic Policy, CEPR & CES & MSH, vol. 12(24), pages 125-176, 04.
- Fritz Breuss, .
"Macroeconomic Effects of EU Enlargement for Old and New Members,"
WIFO Working Papers
- Fritz Breuss, 2001. "Macroeconomic Effects of EU Enlargement on Old and New Members," WIFO Monatsberichte (monthly reports), WIFO, vol. 74(11), pages 655-666, November.
- Anders Hoffmann, 2000. "The gains from partial completion of the single market," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 136(4), pages 601-630, December.
- Brown, D. & Deardorff & A. & Djankov, S. & Stern, R., 1995.
"An Economic Assessment of the Integration of Czechoslovakia, Hungary and Poland into the European Union,"
8, American Institute for Contemporary German Studies-.
- Deardoff, A.V. & Brown, D.K. & Stern, R.M. & Djankov, S.D., 1995. "An Economic Assessment of the Integration of Czechoslovakia, Hungary, and Poland into the Europan Union," Working Papers 380, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Herbert Brücker & Parvati Trübswetter & Christian Weise, 2000. "EU-Osterweiterung: keine massive Zuwanderung zu erwarten," DIW Wochenbericht, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 67(21), pages 315-326.
- Fritz Breuss, 2000. "An Evaluation of the Economic Effects of Austria's EU Membership," Austrian Economic Quarterly, WIFO, vol. 5(4), pages 171-196, November.
- Coricelli, Fabrizio & Jazbec, Bostjan, 2001.
"Real Exchange Rate Dynamics in Transition Economies,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2869, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Coricelli, Fabrizio & Jazbec, Bostjan, 2004. "Real exchange rate dynamics in transition economies," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 83-100, March.
- Inklaar, Robert & de Haan, Jakob, 2001. "Is There Really a European Business Cycle? A Comment," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 53(2), pages 215-20, April.
- Artis, Michael J & Zhang, Wenda, 1999. "Further Evidence on the International Business Cycle and the ERM: Is There a European Business Cycle?," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(1), pages 120-32, January.
- Fritz Breuss & Peter Egger & Michael Pfaffermayr, 2002. "Structural Policy Reform and the Distribution of FDI in Europe," WIFO Working Papers 174, WIFO.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A & Rose, Andrew K, 1996.
"The Endogeneity of the Optimum Currency Area Criteria,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1473, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A & Rose, Andrew K, 1998. "The Endogeneity of the Optimum Currency Area Criteria," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(449), pages 1009-25, July.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & Andrew K. Rose, 1996. "The Endogeneity of the Optimum Currency Area Criteria," NBER Working Papers 5700, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reinhard Neck & Gottfried Haber & Warwick Mckibbin, 2000. "Macroeconomic impacts of European union membership of central and eastern European economies," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 28(1), pages 71-82, March.
- Henrik Braconier & Karolina Ekholm, 2002.
"Foreign Direct Investment in Central and Eastern Europe: Employment Effects in the EU,"
Development Working Papers
161, Centro Studi Luca d\'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Braconier, Henrik & Ekholm, Karolina, 2001. "Foreign Direct Investment in Central and Eastern Europe: Employment Effects in the EU," CEPR Discussion Papers 3052, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jürgen Kröger & Denis Redonnet, 2001. "Exchange Rate Regimes and Economic Integration: The Case of the Accession Countries," CESifo Forum, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 2(2), pages 6-13, October.
- George J. Borjas, 1995.
"The Economic Benefits from Immigration,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 9(2), pages 3-22, Spring.
- Jesús Crespo-Cuaresma & Maria Antoinette Dimitz & Doris Ritzberger-Grünwald, 2002.
"Growth, Convergence and EU Membership,"
62, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Fritz Breuss & Fritz Schebeck, 1999. "Costs and Benefits of EU Eastern Enlargement for Austria," Austrian Economic Quarterly, WIFO, vol. 4(1), pages 43-53, January.
- Baldwin, Richard E. & Venables, Anthony J., 1995. "Regional economic integration," Handbook of International Economics, in: G. M. Grossman & K. Rogoff (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 31, pages 1597-1644 Elsevier.
- Arndt, Sven & Handler, Heinz & Salvatore, Dominick, 2000. "Eastern enlargement: the sooner, the better?," MPRA Paper 44943, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tanja Broz, 2011. "Five Years of an Enlarged EU – A Positive Sum Game, Filip Keereman and István Székely, eds., Berlin Heidelberg: Springer-Verlag, 2010, pp. 256, ISBN 978-3-642-12515-7," Croatian Economic Survey, The Institute of Economics, Zagreb, vol. 13(1), pages 173-182, April.
- Schukkink, Martijn & Niemann, Arne, 2012. "Portugal and the EU’s Eastern Enlargement: A logic of identity endorsement," European Integration online Papers (EIoP), European Community Studies Association Austria (ECSA-A), vol. 16, 07.
- Fritz Breuss, 2009. "An evaluation of the EU's Fifth Enlargement With special focus on Bulgaria and Romania," European Economy - Economic Papers 361, Directorate General Economic and Monetary Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Wolfgang Nitsche, 2004. "Die Bilanz der EU-Erweiterungsverhandlungen aus wirtschaftspolitischer Sicht," Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft - WuG, Kammer für Arbeiter und Angestellte für Wien, Abteilung Wirtschaftswissenschaft und Statistik, vol. 30(1), pages 27-44.
- Fritz Breuss, 2006. "Why Does Austria's Economy Grow Faster than Germany's?," WIFO Working Papers 280, WIFO.
- Fritz Breuss, 2003. "Österreich, Finnland und Schweden in der EU – Wirtschaftliche Auswirkungen," WIFO Working Papers 200, WIFO.
- Bartosova, Dasa & Bartova, Lubica & Fidrmuc, Jarko, 2008. "EU Enlargement Implications on the New Member States Agri-food Trade," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 44122, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Zhu, Xueqin & van Ierland, Ekko, 2006. "The enlargement of the European Union: Effects on trade and emissions of greenhouse gases," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 1-14, April.
- Fink, Gerhard, 2009. "Comparative advantage, regional specialization and income distribution: The case of Austria in perspective," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 239-259.
- Fritz Breuss, 2006. "Eastern Opening, EU Membership, Euro Participation and EU Enlargement. Economic Impacts on Austria," WIFO Working Papers 270, WIFO.
- Fritz Breuss, 2003. "Austria, Finland and Sweden in the European Union. Economic Effects," Austrian Economic Quarterly, WIFO, vol. 8(4), pages 131-158, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.