A Wider Europe: Trade Relations Between an Enlarged EU and the Russian Federation
AbstractThis paper aims to study the joint effects of the 2004 EU Enlargement and Russia’s entry into the WTO, and the effects of an eventual Russia-Enlarged EU Free Trade Agreement (FTA). The paper is organized as follows: in Section I, it starts with the brief description of the model used. The effects of the 2004 EU Enlargement are estimated on Section II. In Section III, the effects of Russia’s WTO Accession are simulated up on the benchmark of an Enlarged EU. Section IV simulates different Russia-EU FTAs, again upon the benchmark of an Enlarged EU. The work ends with a conclusion.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research in its series CASE Network Studies and Analyses with number 0279.
Length: 23 Pages
Date of creation: 2004
Date of revision:
macroeconomics; macro modeling; transition economics; trade and monetary economics;
Other versions of this item:
- LÃºcio Vinhas De Souza, 2006. "A Wider Europe: Trade Relations Between an Enlarged EU and the Russian Federation," Problems of Economic Transition, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 49(2), pages 6-33, June.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arjan M. Lejour & Ruud A. de Mooij & Richard Nahuis, 2001.
"EU Enlargement: Economic Implications for Countries and Industries,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
585, CESifo Group Munich.
- Arjan Lejour & Ruud de Mooij & Richard Nahuis, 2001. "EU enlargement: economic implications for countries and industries," CPB Document 11, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Harrison, Glenn W & Rutherford, Thomas F & Tarr, David G, 1997. "Quantifying the Uruguay Round," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(444), pages 1405-30, September.
- Sulamaa, Pekka & WidgrÉn, Mika, 2002. "EU-Enlargement and the Opening of Russia: Lessons from the GTAP Reference Model," Discussion Papers 825, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Marina Bakanova & L�cio Vinhas de Souza, 2002. "Trade and Growth under Limited Liberalization," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 02-053/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Deardoff, A.V. & Brown, D.K. & Stern, R.M. & Djankov, S.D., 1995.
"An Economic Assessment of the Integration of Czechoslovakia, Hungary, and Poland into the Europan Union,"
380, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Brown, D. & Deardorff & A. & Djankov, S. & Stern, R., 1995. "An Economic Assessment of the Integration of Czechoslovakia, Hungary and Poland into the European Union," Papers 8, American Institute for Contemporary German Studies-.
- Tarr David G., 1994. "The Terms-of-Trade Effects of Moving to World Prices on Countries of the Former Soviet Union," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 1-24, February.
- Piazolo, Daniel, 1998. "Investment behavior in dynamic computable general equilibrium models for transition economies," Kiel Working Papers 879, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Rose, Andrew K, 2003.
"Which International Institutions Promote International Trade?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3764, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Andrew Rose, 2005. "Which International Institutions Promote International Trade?," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(4), pages 682-698, 09.
- Paul Brenton & Natalia Tourdyeva & John Whalley, 1997. "The potential trade effects of an FTA between the EU and Russia," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 133(2), pages 205-225, 06.
- Richard E. Baldwin & Joseph F. Francois & Richard Portes, 1997. "The costs and benefits of eastern enlargement: the impact on the EU and central Europe," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 12(24), pages 125-176, 04.
- Irina Tochitskaya & Lúcio Vinhas de Souza, 2009. "Trade relations between an enlarged EU and the Russian Federation, and its effects in Belarus," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 42(1), pages 1-24, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Katarzyna SidÅ‚o).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.