Small borrowers and the survival of the small bank: is mouse bank Mighty or Mickey?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia in its journal Business Review.
Volume (Year): (1994)
Issue (Month): Nov ()
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jeffrey M. Lacker, 1998.
"Collateralized debt as the optimal contract,"
98-04, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Anjan V. Thakor & Jess C. Beltz, 1993. "An empirical analysis of the costs of regulatory compliance," Proceedings 434, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Jeffrey Lacker, 2001.
"Online Appendix to Collateralized Debt as the Optimal Contract,"
lacker01, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Diamond, Douglas W, 1984. "Financial Intermediation and Delegated Monitoring," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(3), pages 393-414, July.
- Chan, Ricky Yee-kwong & Wong, Y. H., 1999. "Bank generic strategies: does Porter's theory apply in an international banking center," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(5-6), pages 561-590, October.
- Pietro ALESSANDRINI & Luca PAPI & Alberto ZAZZARO, 2002.
"Banche, territorio e sviluppo,"
175, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Baffigi, A. & Pagnini, M. & Quintiliani, F., 1999.
"Industrial Districts and Local Banks: Do the Twins Ever Meet?,"
347, Banca Italia - Servizio di Studi.
- Alberto Baffigi & Marcello Pagnini & Fabio Quintiliani, 1999. "Industrial District and Local Banks: Do the Twins Ever Meet?," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 347, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- William F. Bassett & Thomas Brady, 2002. "What drives the persistent competitiveness of small banks?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2002-28, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- O. Emre Ergungor, 2002. "Community banks as small business lenders: the tough road ahead," Working Paper 0203, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Adam B. Ashcraft & Murillo Campello, 2002. "Borrowers' financial constraints and the transmission of monetary policy: evidence from financial conglomerates," Staff Reports 153, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Peek, Joe & Rosengren, Eric S., 1998.
"Bank consolidation and small business lending: It's not just bank size that matters,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 22(6-8), pages 799-819, August.
- Joe Peek & Eric S. Rosengren, 1997. "Bank consolidation and small business lending: it's not just bank size that matters," Working Papers 97-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- M. Idriss GHODBANE, 2002. "Centralization Versus Decentralization in Credit Lending," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2002002, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Allen N. Berger & Nathan H. Miller & Mitchell A. Petersen & Raghuram G. Rajan & Jeremy C. Stein, 2002.
"Does Function Follow Organzizational Form? Evidence From the Lending Practices of Large and Small Banks,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1976, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Berger, Allen N. & Miller, Nathan H. & Petersen, Mitchell A. & Rajan, Raghuram G. & Stein, Jeremy C., 2005. "Does function follow organizational form? Evidence from the lending practices of large and small banks," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 237-269, May.
- Allen N. Berger & Nathan H. Miller & Mitchell A. Petersen & Raghuram G. Rajan & Jeremy C. Stein, 2002. "Does Function Follow Organizational Form? Evidence From the Lending Practices of Large and Small Banks," NBER Working Papers 8752, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Allen N. Berger & Nathan H. Miller & Mitchell A. Petersen & Raghuran G. Rajan & Jeremy C. Stein, 2002. "Does function follow organizational form? evidence from the lending practices of large and small banks," Proceedings 815, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Brickley, James A. & Linck, James S. & Smith, Clifford Jr., 2003. "Boundaries of the firm: evidence from the banking industry," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(3), pages 351-383, December.
- Bostic, Raphael W. & Robinson, Breck L., 2004. "The impact of CRA agreements on community banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(12), pages 3069-3095, December.
- Loretta J. Mester, 1999. "Banking industry's consolidation: what's a small business to do?," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue Jan, pages 3-16.
- Pietro Alessandrini & Luca Papi & Alberto Zazzaro, 2003.
"Banks, regions and development,"
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review,
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 56(224), pages 23-55.
- Goldberg, Lawrence G. & White, Lawrence J., 1998.
"De novo banks and lending to small businesses: An empirical analysis,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 22(6-8), pages 851-867, August.
- Lawrence G. Goldberg & Lawrence J. White, 1997. "De Novo Banks and Lending to Small Businesses: An Empirical Analysis," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 98-039, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Gary C. Zimmerman, 1996. "Factors influencing community bank performance in California," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 26-40.
- Jeremy C. Stein, 2000. "Information Production and Capital Allocation: Decentralized vs. Hierarchical Firms," NBER Working Papers 7705, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chernykh, Lucy, 2014. "Dwarf banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 31-40.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Beth Paul).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.