Implications of annual examinations for the Bank Insurance Fund
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis in its journal Review.
Volume (Year): (1993)
Issue (Month): Jan ()
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Allan D. Brunner & Diana Hancock & Mary M. McLaughlin, 1992.
"Recent developments affecting the profitability and practices of commercial banks,"
Federal Reserve Bulletin,
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Jul, pages 459-483.
- Allan D. Brunner & John V. Duca & Mary McLaughlin, 1991. "Recent developments affecting the profitability and practices of commercial banks," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Jul, pages 505-527.
- James A. Berkovec & J. Nellie Liang, 1991. "Deposit premiums of failed banks: implications for the values of deposits and bank franchises," Proceedings 338, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Kenneth Spong, 2000.
"Banking regulation : its purposes, implementation, and effects,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, number 2000bria.
- Kenneth Spong, 1994. "Banking regulation : its purpose, implementation, and effects," Monograph, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, number 1994bria.
- Fred C. Graham & James E. Horner, 1988. "Bank failure: an evaluation of the factors contributing to the failure of national banks," Proceedings 210, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- John R. Walter, 1991. "Loan loss reserves," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Jul, pages 20-30.
- James, Christopher, 1991. " The Losses Realized in Bank Failures," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(4), pages 1223-42, September.
- Gunther, Jeffery W. & Moore, Robert R., 2003. "Loss underreporting and the auditing role of bank exams," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 153-177, April.
- Joseph P. Hughes & Choon-Geol Moon & Robert DeYoung, 2000.
"Efficient Risk-Taking and Regulatory Covenant Enforcement in a Deregulated Banking Industry,"
Departmental Working Papers
200007, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- DeYoung, Robert E. & Hughes, Joseph P. & Moon, Choon-Geol, 2001. "Efficient risk-taking and regulatory covenant enforcement in a deregulated banking industry," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 53(2-3), pages 255-282.
- Cole, Rebel A. & Gunther, Jeffery W., 1995. "A CAMEL rating's shelf life," MPRA Paper 24693, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Nov 2008.
- Delis, Manthos D & Staikouras, Panagiotis & Tsoumas, Chris, 2013. "Enforcement actions and bank behavior," MPRA Paper 43557, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John R. Hall & Thomas B. King & Andrew P. Meyer & Mark D. Vaughan, 2002. "Did FDICIA enhance market discipline on community banks? a look at evidence from the jumbo-CD market," Supervisory Policy Analysis Working Papers 2002-04, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Allen N. Berger & Margaret K. Kyle & Joseph M. Scalise, 2001.
"Did U.S. Bank Supervisors Get Tougher during the Credit Crunch? Did They Get Easier during the Banking Boom? Did It Matter to Bank Lending?,"
in: Prudential Supervision: What Works and What Doesn't, pages 301-356
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Allen N. Berger & Margaret K. Kyle & Joseph M. Scalise, 2000. "Did U.S. Bank Supervisors Get Tougher During the Credit Crunch? Did They Get Easier During the Banking Boom? Did It Matter to Bank Lending?," NBER Working Papers 7689, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Allen N. Berger & Margaret K. Kyle & Joseph M. Scalise, 2000. "Did U.S. bank supervisors get tougher during the credit crunch? Did they get easier during the banking boom? Did it matter to bank lending?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2000-39, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Jeffrey W. Gunther & Robert R. Moore, 2002. "Loss underreporting and the auditing role of bank exams," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Jordan, John S. & Peek, Joe & Rosengren, Eric S., 2000. "The Market Reaction to the Disclosure of Supervisory Actions: Implications for Bank Transparency," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 298-319, July.
- Palvia, Ajay A., 2011. "Banks and managerial discipline: Does regulatory monitoring play a role?," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 56-68, February.
- Gunther, Jeffery W. & Moore, Robert R., 2003. "Early warning models in real time," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(10), pages 1979-2001, October.
- David C. Wheelock & Paul W. Wilson, 1999. "The contribution of on-site examination ratings to an emprircal model of bank failures," Working Papers 1999-023, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Klaus P. Fischer & Martin Chenard, 1997. "Financial Liberalization Causes Banking System Fragility," Finance 9706004, EconWPA.
- Joe Peek & Eric S. Rosengren, 1997. "How well capitalized are well-capitalized banks?," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Sep, pages 41-50.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anna Xiao).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.