Foreign exchange market intervention: implications of publicly announced and secret intervention for the euro exchange rate and its volatility
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Policy Modeling.
Volume (Year): 26 (2004)
Issue (Month): 6 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505735
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bonser-Neal, Catherine & Tanner, Glenn, 1996. "Central bank intervention and the volatility of foreign exchange rates: evidence from the options market," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 853-878, December.
- Baillie, Richard T. & Osterberg, William P., 1997. "Why do central banks intervene?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 909-919, December.
- Kathryn M. Dominguez, 1993. "Does Central Bank Intervention Increase the Volatility of Foreign Exchange Rates?," NBER Working Papers 4532, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mark P. Taylor & Lucio Sarno, 2001.
"Official Intervention in the Foreign Exchange Market: Is It Effective and, If So, How Does It Work?,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 39(3), pages 839-868, September.
- Sarno, Lucio & Taylor, Mark P, 2001. "Official Intervention in the Foreign Exchange Market: Is It Effective, and, If So, How Does It Work?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2690, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Richard T. Baillie & Owen F. Humpage, 1992. "Post-Louvre intervention: did target zones stabilize the dollar?," Working Paper 9203, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Dominguez, Kathryn M., 1998. "Central bank intervention and exchange rate volatility1," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 161-190, February.
- repec:fth:sydnec:99-05 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anna J. Schwartz, 2000. "The Rise and Fall of Foreign Exchange Market Intervention," NBER Working Papers 7751, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Almekinders, G.J. & Eijffinger, S.C.W., 1994.
"Daily Bundesbank and federal reserve interventions: Are they a reaction to changes in the level and volatility of the DM/$-rate?,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-152910, Tilburg University.
- Almekinders, Geert J & Eijffinger, Sylvester C W, 1994. "Daily Bundesbank and Federal Reserve Interventions: Are They a Reaction to Changes in the Level and Volatility of the DM/$-Rate?," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 19(1), pages 111-30.
- Koedijk, Kees G. & Mizrach, Bruce & Stork, Philip A. & de Vries, Casper G., 1995.
"New evidence on the effectiveness of foreign exchange market intervention,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 39(3-4), pages 501-508, April.
- Koedijk, C.G. & Mizrach, B. & Stork, P.A. & Vries, C.G. de, 1995. "New evidence on the effectiveness of foreign exchange market intervention," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-3108684, Tilburg University.
- Graciela Kaminsky & Karen K. Lewis, 1993.
"Does Foreign Exchange Intervention Signal Future Monetary Policy?,"
NBER Working Papers
4298, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kaminsky, Graciela L. & Lewis, Karen K., 1996. "Does foreign exchange intervention signal future monetary policy?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 285-312, April.
- Graciela L. Kaminsky & Karen K. Lewis, 1996. "Does foreign exchange intervention signal future monetary policy?," Working Papers 96-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Kaminsky, G.L. & Lewis, K.K., 1992. "Does Foreign Exchange Intervention Signal Future Monetary Policy?," Weiss Center Working Papers 93-3, Wharton School - Weiss Center for International Financial Research.
- Graciela L. Kaminsky & Karen K. Lewis, 1993. "Does foreign exchange intervention signal future monetary policy?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 93-1, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Cohen, Daniel & Loisel, Olivier, 2000.
"Why was the Euro Weak? Markets and Policies,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2633, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- E.K. Berndt & B.H. Hall & R.E. Hall, 1974. "Estimation and Inference in Nonlinear Structural Models," NBER Chapters, in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 3, number 4, pages 103-116 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bessembinder, Hendrik, 1994. "Bid-ask spreads in the interbank foreign exchange markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 317-348, June.
- Anna Schwartz, 2000. "The Rise and Fall of Foreign Exchange Market Intervention as a Policy Tool," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 319-339, December.
- Naranjo, Andy & Nimalendran, M, 2000. "Government Intervention and Adverse Selection Costs in Foreign Exchange Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 13(2), pages 453-77.
- Balázs Égert & Luboš Komárek, 2000. "Official Foreign Exchange Interventions in the Czech Republic: Did They Matter?," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp760, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Bahram Adrangi & Mary Allender & Kambiz Raffiee, 2011. "An Ex-Post Empirical Investigation of the Efficacy of Central Bank Interventions in Currency Markets: Bilateral Exchange Rate of the Dollar," Review of Economics & Finance, Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 1, pages 19-34, August.
- Balázs Égert & Maroje Lang, 2005. "Foreign Exchange Interventions in Croatia and Turkey: Should We Give a Damn?," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp755, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Egert, Balazs & Komarek, Lubos, 2006.
"Foreign exchange interventions and interest rate policy in the Czech Republic: Hand in glove?,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 121-140, June.
- Balazs Egert & Lubos Komarek, 2005. "Foreign Exchange Interventions and Interest Rate Policy in the Czech Republic: Hand in Glove?," Working Papers 2005/07, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Huang, Zhaodan, 2007. "The central bank and speculators in the foreign exchange market under asymmetric information: A strategic approach and evidence," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 28-50.
- Sideris, Dimitrios A., 2008.
"Foreign exchange intervention and equilibrium real exchange rates,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 344-357, October.
- Dimitrios A. Sideris, 2007. "Foreign Exchange Intervention and Equilibrium Real Exchange Rates," Working Papers 56, Bank of Greece.
- Mauricio Lopera Castaño & Ramón Javier Mesa Callejas & Sergio Iván Restrepo Ochoa & Charle Augusto Londoño Henao, 2013. "Modelando el esquema de intervenciones del tipo de cambio para Colombia. una aplicación empírica de la técnica de regresión del cuantil bajo redes neu," REVISTA CUADERNOS DE ECONOMÍA, UN - RCE - CID.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.