Empirical tests of status consumption: Evidence from women's cosmetics
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Psychology.
Volume (Year): 19 (1998)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/joep
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Graeme Garrard, 2012. "The status of happiness," International Review of Economics, Springer, vol. 59(4), pages 377-387, December.
- Janssen, Marco A. & Jager, Wander, 2001. "Fashions, habits and changing preferences: Simulation of psychological factors affecting market dynamics," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 745-772, December.
- Wilfred Amaldoss & Sanjay Jain, 2002. "An Analysis of the Impact of Social Factors on Purchase Behavior," Review of Marketing Science Working Papers 2-1-1021, Berkeley Electronic Press.
- Carlsson, Fredrik & Johansson-Stenman, Olof & Martinsson, Peter, 2003.
"Do You Enjoy Having More Than Others? Survey Evidence of Positional Goods,"
Working Papers in Economics
100, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Fredrik Carlsson & Olof Johansson-Stenman & Peter Martinsson, 2007. "Do You Enjoy Having More than Others? Survey Evidence of Positional Goods," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 74(296), pages 586-598, November.
- Andreas Chai & Wolfhard Kaus, 2013. "Signalling to whom? Conspicuous spending and the local density of the social group income distribution," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2012-18, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Evolutionary Economics Group.
- Lertwannawit, Aurathai & Mandhachitara, Rujirutana, 2012. "Interpersonal effects on fashion consciousness and status consumption moderated by materialism in metropolitan men," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(10), pages 1408-1416.
- Friedrichsen, Jana & Engelmann, Dirk, 2013.
"Who cares for social image? Interactions between intrinsic motivation and social image concerns,"
Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order
79746, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Jana Friedrichsen & Dirk Engelmann, 2013. "Who Cares for Social Image? Interactions between Intrinsic Motivation and Social Image Concerns," CESifo Working Paper Series 4514, CESifo Group Munich.
- Johansson-Stenman, Olof & Martinsson, Peter, 2004.
"Honestly, why are you driving a BMW?,"
Working Papers in Economics
141, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Nguyen Thi Tuyet Mai & Siok Kuan Tambyah, 2011. "Antecedents and Consequences of Status Consumption among Urban Vietnamese Consumers," Organizations and Markets in Emerging Economies, Faculty of Economics, Vilnius University, vol. 2(1).
- Heffetz, Ori, 2012. "Who sees what? Demographics and the visibility of consumer expenditures," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 801-818.
- Pech, Wesley & Milan, Marcelo, 2009. "Behavioral economics and the economics of Keynes," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 891-902, December.
- Parker, Louise & Watson, Duncan & Webb, Robert, 2011. "Family fortunes: Gender-based differences in the impact of employment and home characteristics on satisfaction levels," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 259-264, May.
- Friedrichsen, Jana, 2013. "Image concerns and the provision of quality," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Market Behavior SP II 2013-211, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.