Empirical tests of status consumption: Evidence from women's cosmetics
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Psychology.
Volume (Year): 19 (1998)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/joep
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Janssen, Marco A. & Jager, Wander, 2001. "Fashions, habits and changing preferences: Simulation of psychological factors affecting market dynamics," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 745-772, December.
- Johansson-Stenman, Olof & Martinsson, Peter, 2004.
"Honestly, why are you driving a BMW?,"
Working Papers in Economics
141, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Andreas Chai & Wolfhard Kaus, 2013. "Signalling to whom? Conspicuous spending and the local density of the social group income distribution," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2012-18, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Evolutionary Economics Group.
- Fredrik Carlsson & Olof Johansson-Stenman & Peter Martinsson, 2007.
"Do You Enjoy Having More than Others? Survey Evidence of Positional Goods,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 74(296), pages 586-598, November.
- Carlsson, Fredrik & Johansson-Stenman, Olof & Martinsson, Peter, 2003. "Do You Enjoy Having More Than Others? Survey Evidence of Positional Goods," Working Papers in Economics 100, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Wilfred Amaldoss & Sanjay Jain, 2002. "An Analysis of the Impact of Social Factors on Purchase Behavior," Review of Marketing Science Working Papers 2-1-1021, Berkeley Electronic Press.
- Lertwannawit, Aurathai & Mandhachitara, Rujirutana, 2012. "Interpersonal effects on fashion consciousness and status consumption moderated by materialism in metropolitan men," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(10), pages 1408-1416.
- Pech, Wesley & Milan, Marcelo, 2009. "Behavioral economics and the economics of Keynes," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 891-902, December.
- Nguyen Thi Tuyet Mai & Siok Kuan Tambyah, 2011. "Antecedents and Consequences of Status Consumption among Urban Vietnamese Consumers," Organizations and Markets in Emerging Economies, Faculty of Economics, Vilnius University, vol. 2(1).
- Parker, Louise & Watson, Duncan & Webb, Robert, 2011. "Family fortunes: Gender-based differences in the impact of employment and home characteristics on satisfaction levels," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 259-264, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.