Demand for social status and the dynamics of consumer behavior
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics).
Volume (Year): 22 (1993)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620175
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chao, A. & Schor, J.B., 1996. "Empirical tests of status consumption : evidence from women's cosmetics," WORC Paper 7, Tilburg University, Work and Organization Research Centre.
- Ahmad Naimzada & Marina Pireddu, 2013. "A positional game for an overlapping generation economy," Working Papers 247, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Jun 2013.
- Mann, Stefan & Wustemann, Henry, 2008. "Multifunctionality and a new focus on externalities," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 293-307, February.
- Juliet Schor, 1998. "A Structural Critique of Consumption: Inequality, Globalization and the Aspirational Gap," Human Development Occasional Papers (1992-2007) HDOCPA-1998-17, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Kovács, Kármen, 2011.
"Az egyszerre érvényesülő társadalmi externáliák hatásai a státusjavak keresletére
[The effects on the demand for status goods exerted by single-occasion social externals]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(4), pages 314-332.
- Andreas Reinstaller & Bulat Sanditov, 2003. "Social norms and equality of opportunity in conspicuous consumption: on the diffusion of consumer good innovation," Working Papers geewp29, Vienna University of Economics Research Group: Growth and Employment in Europe: Sustainability and Competitiveness.
- Reinstaller,Andreas & Sanditov,Bulat, 2003. "Social norms and equality of opportunity in conspicuous consumption: on the diffusion of consumer good innovation," Research Memorandum 017, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.