The Rise of Goods-Market Competition and the Decline in Wage Indexation: A Macroeconomic Approach
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Macroeconomics.
Volume (Year): 20 (1998)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622617
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Susanto Basu & John G. Fernald, 1994.
"Constant returns and small markups in U.S. manufacturing,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
483, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Basu, S.: Fernald, J.G., 1993. "Constant Returns and Small Markups in U.S. Manufacturing," Papers 93-19, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- Karni, Edi, 1983. "On Optimal Wage Indexation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(2), pages 282-92, April.
- Evans, Martin, 1991. "Discovering the Link between Inflation Rates and Inflation Uncertainty," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 23(2), pages 169-84, May.
- Ehrenberg, Ronald G & Danziger, Leif & San, Gee, 1983. "Cost-of-Living Adjustment Clauses in Union Contracts: A Summary of Results," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 1(3), pages 215-45, July.
- Julio J. Rotemberg & Michael Woodford, 1991. "Markups and the Business Cycle," NBER Chapters, in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1991, Volume 6, pages 63-140 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Holland, A Steven, 1993. "Uncertain Effects of Money and the Link between the Inflation Rate and Inflation Uncertainty," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 31(1), pages 39-51, January.
- Alan S. Blinder & N. Gregory Mankiw, 1984.
"Aggregation and Stabilization Policy in a Multi-Contract Economy,"
NBER Working Papers
0873, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blinder, Alan S. & Mankiw, N. Gregory, 1984. "Aggregation and stabilization policy in a multi-contract economy," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 67-86, January.
- Stuart E. Weiner, 1986. "Union COLA's on the decline," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Jun, pages 10-25.
- Vivek Ghosal & Prakash Loungani, 1995.
"Evidence on nominal wage rigidity from a panel of U.S. manufacturing industries,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
512, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Ghosal, Vivek & Loungani, Prakash, 1996. "Evidence on Nominal Wage Rigidity from a Panel of U.S. Manufacturing Industries," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(4), pages 650-68, November.
- Gray, Jo Anna, 1976. "Wage indexation: A macroeconomic approach," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 221-235, April.
- Fischer, Stanley, 1977. "Long-Term Contracts, Rational Expectations, and the Optimal Money Supply Rule," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(1), pages 191-205, February.
- Ball, Laurence, 1995.
"Time-consistent policy and persistent changes in inflation,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 329-350, November.
- Laurence M. Ball, 1990. "Time-Consistent Policy and Persistent Changes in Inflation," NBER Working Papers 3529, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Duca, John V, 1987. "The Spillover Effects of Nominal Wage Rigidity in a Multisector Economy: A Note," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 19(1), pages 117-21, February.
- Holland, A Steven, 1986. "Wage Indexation and the Effect of Inflation Uncertainty on Employment:An Empirical Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(1), pages 235-43, March.
- Duca, John V & VanHoose, David D, 1991. "Optimal Wage Indexation in a Multisector Economy," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 32(4), pages 859-67, November.
- Holland, A Steven, 1995. "Inflation and Wage Indexation in the Postwar United States," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 77(1), pages 172-76, February.
- Bresnahan, Timothy F., 1989. "Empirical studies of industries with market power," Handbook of Industrial Organization, in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 17, pages 1011-1057 Elsevier.
- Ball, Laurence, 1988. "Is Equilibrium Indexation Efficient?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 103(2), pages 299-311, May.
- Daniels, Joseph P. & VanHoose, David D., 2006. "Openness, the sacrifice ratio, and inflation: Is there a puzzle?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(8), pages 1336-1347, December.
- Duca, John V. & VanHoose, David D., 1998.
"Goods-market competition and profit sharing: a multisector macro approach,"
Journal of Economics and Business,
Elsevier, vol. 50(6), pages 525-534, November.
- John V. Duca & David D. VanHoose, 1997. "Goods-market competition and profit sharing: a multisector macro approach," Working Papers 9709, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Duca, John V. & Van Hoose, David D., 2001.
"The Rise of Goods-Market Competition and the Fall of Nominal Wage Contracting: Endogenous Wage Contracting in a Multisector Economy,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 1-29, January.
- John V. Duca & David D. VanHoose, 1998. "The rise of goods-market competition and the fall of nominal wage contracting: endogenous wage contracting in a multisector economy," Working Papers 9805, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- James, Jonathan G. & Lawler, Phillip, 2010. "Union objectives and indexation externalities in a monopolistically competitive economy," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 28-35, March.
- John V. Duca, 1997. "Has long-run profitability risen in the 1990s," Economic and Financial Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Q IV, pages 2-14.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.