Buffer stocks and precautionary savings with loss aversion
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of International Money and Finance.
Volume (Year): 17 (1998)
Issue (Month): 6 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30443
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arrau, Patricio & Claessens, Stijn, 1992. "Commodity stabilization funds," Policy Research Working Paper Series 835, The World Bank.
- Dow, James & da Costa Werlang, Sergio Ribeiro, 1992.
"Excess volatility of stock prices and Knightian uncertainty,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 36(2-3), pages 631-638, April.
- Dow, James & Werlang, Sérgio Ribeiro da Costa, 1991. "Excess Volatility of Stock Prices and Knightian Uncertainty," Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 179, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Aizenman, Joshua & Powell, Andrew, 1998. "The political economy of public savings and the role of capital mobility," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 67-95, October.
- Schmeidler, David, 1989.
"Subjective Probability and Expected Utility without Additivity,"
Econometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 571-87, May.
- David Schmeidler, 1989. "Subjective Probability and Expected Utility without Additivity," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7662, David K. Levine.
- Gul, Faruk, 1991. "A Theory of Disappointment Aversion," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(3), pages 667-86, May.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
7656, David K. Levine.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-91, March.
- Robert J. Shiller, 1980.
"Do Stock Prices Move Too Much to be Justified by Subsequent Changes in Dividends?,"
NBER Working Papers
0456, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shiller, Robert J, 1981. "Do Stock Prices Move Too Much to be Justified by Subsequent Changes in Dividends?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 421-36, June.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Knetsch, Jack L & Thaler, Richard H, 1990. "Experimental Tests of the Endowment Effect and the Coase Theorem," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(6), pages 1325-48, December.
- Mehra, Rajnish & Prescott, Edward C., 1985.
"The equity premium: A puzzle,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 145-161, March.
- Sandmo, Agnar, 1970. "The Effect of Uncertainty on Saving Decisions," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(3), pages 353-60, July.
- Joshua Aizenman, 1995.
"Investment in New Activities and the Welfare Cost of Uncertainty,"
NBER Working Papers
5041, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aizenman, Joshua, 1997. "Investment in new activities and the welfare cost of uncertainty," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 259-277, April.
- Harless, David W & Camerer, Colin F, 1994. "The Predictive Utility of Generalized Expected Utility Theories," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(6), pages 1251-89, November.
- Kreps, David M & Porteus, Evan L, 1978.
"Temporal Resolution of Uncertainty and Dynamic Choice Theory,"
Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 185-200, January.
- David M Kreps & Evan L Porteus, 1978. "Temporal Resolution of Uncertainty and Dynamic Choice Theory," Levine's Working Paper Archive 625018000000000009, David K. Levine.
- Epstein, Larry G & Wang, Tan, 1994. "Intertemporal Asset Pricing Under Knightian Uncertainty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(2), pages 283-322, March.
- Frenkel, Jacob A, 1974. "The Demand for International Reserves by Developed and Less-Developed Countries," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 41(161), pages 14-24, February.
- Chowdhury, Abdur R., 2003. "Do asymmetric terms of trade shocks affect private savings in a transition economy?," BOFIT Discussion Papers 3/2003, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Frederick van der Ploeg, 2009.
"Aggressive Oil Extraction and Precautionary Saving: Coping with Volatility,"
OxCarre Working Papers
021, Oxford Centre for the Analysis of Resource Rich Economies, University of Oxford.
- van der Ploeg, Frederick, 2010. "Aggressive oil extraction and precautionary saving: Coping with volatility," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(5-6), pages 421-433, June.
- Frederick Van der Ploeg, 2010. "Aggressive Oil Extraction and Precautionary Saving: Coping with Volatility," CESifo Working Paper Series 3038, CESifo Group Munich.
- Horst Zank, 2007. "On the Paradigm of Loss Aversion," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0710, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard & Aizenman, Joshua, 2000.
"Savings and the terms of trade under borrowing constraints,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2381, The World Bank.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard & Aizenman, Joshua, 2004. "Savings and the terms of trade under borrowing constraints," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 321-340, July.
- Pierre-Richard Agenor & Joshua Aizenman, 2000. "Savings and the Terms of Trade Under Borrowing Constraints," NBER Working Papers 7743, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sula, Ozan, 2008. "Demand for International Reserves: A Quantile Regression Approach," MPRA Paper 11680, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abdur R. Chowdhury, 2003. "Do asymmetric terms of trade shocks affect private savings in a transition economy?," Macroeconomics 0303006, EconWPA.
- Arjen Siegmann, 2003. "Shortfall allowed: loss aversion and habit formation," WO Research Memoranda (discontinued) 741, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Siegmann, Arjen, 2002.
"Optimal saving rules for loss-averse agents under uncertainty,"
Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 27-34, September.
- Arjen H. Siegmann, 2001. "Optimal Saving Rules for Loss-Averse Agents under Uncertainty," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 01-079/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Ingrid Größl & Ulrich Fritsche, 2007.
"The Store-of-Value-Function of Money as a Component of Household Risk Management,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
660, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Ingrid Groessl & Ulrich Fritsche, 2006. "The Store-of-Value-Function of Money as a Component of Household Risk Management," Macroeconomics and Finance Series 200606, Hamburg University, Department Wirtschaft und Politik.
- Horst Zank, 2010. "On probabilities and loss aversion," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 68(3), pages 243-261, March.
- Sula, Ozan, 2011. "Demand for international reserves in developing nations: A quantile regression approach," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 764-777, September.
- Joshua Aizenman & Brian Pinto, 2004. "Managing Volatility and Crises: A Practitioner's Guide Overview," NBER Working Papers 10602, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zhichao Zhang & Frankie Chau & Li Xie, 2013. "Accumulation of large foreign reserves in China: a behavioural perspective," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 46(1), pages 85-108, March.
- Rangan Gupta & Shawkat Hammoudeh & Won Joong Kim & Beatrice D. Simo-Kengne, 2013. "Forecasting China’s Foreign Exchange Reserves Using Dynamic Model Averaging: The Role of Macroeconomic Fundamentals, Financial Stress and Economic Uncertainty," Working Papers 201338, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.