The profitability of vertical mergers between hospitals and physician practices
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Health Economics.
Volume (Year): 18 (1999)
Issue (Month): 5 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Martin Gaynor & Deborah Haas-Wilson, .
"Change, Consolidation, and Competition in Health Care Markets,"
GSIA Working Papers
1999-E31, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Martin Gaynor & Deborah Haas-Wilson, 1999. "Change, Consolidation, and Competition in Health Care Markets," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(1), pages 141-164, Winter.
- Martin Gaynor & Deborah Haas-Wilson, 1998. "Change, Consolidation, and Competition in Health Care Markets," HEW 9809001, EconWPA.
- Martin Gaynor & Deborah Haas-Wilson, 1998. "Change, Consolidation, and Competition in Health Care Markets," NBER Working Papers 6701, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grossman, Sanford J & Hart, Oliver, 1985.
"The Cost and Benefits of Ownership: A Theory of Vertical and Lateral Integration,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
70, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Grossman, Sanford J & Hart, Oliver D, 1986. "The Costs and Benefits of Ownership: A Theory of Vertical and Lateral Integration," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(4), pages 691-719, August.
- Oliver Hart & Sanford Grossman, 1985. "The Costs and Benefits of Ownership: A Theory of Vertical and Lateral Integration," Working papers 372, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Grossman, Sanford J. & Hart, Oliver D., 1986. "The Costs and Benefits of Ownership: A Theory of Vertical and Lateral Integration," Scholarly Articles 3450060, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Salinger, Michael A, 1995. "A Graphical Analysis of Bundling," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 68(1), pages 85-98, January.
- McAfee, R Preston & McMillan, John & Whinston, Michael D, 1989. "Multiproduct Monopoly, Commodity Bundling, and Correlation of Values," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 104(2), pages 371-83, May.
- David Dranove & William D. White, 1996. "Specialization, Option Demand, and the Pricing of Medical Specialists," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(2), pages 277-306, 06.
- Chen, Yongmin, 1997. "Equilibrium Product Bundling," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70(1), pages 85-103, January.
- Hart, O. & Tirole, J., 1990. "Vertical Integration And Market Foreclosure," Working papers 548, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1979. "Transaction-Cost Economics: The Governance of Contractural Relations," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(2), pages 233-61, October.
- Salinger, Michael A, 1988. "Vertical Mergers and Market Foreclosure," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 103(2), pages 345-56, May.
- Ordover, Janusz A & Saloner, Garth & Salop, Steven C, 1990. "Equilibrium Vertical Foreclosure," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(1), pages 127-42, March.
- H.E. Frech, III & Kenneth L. Danger, 1998. "Exclusive contracts between hospitals and physicians: the antitrust issues," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(2), pages 175-178.
- Luigi Siciliani & Anderson Stanciole, 2013.
"Bargaining and the provision of health services,"
The European Journal of Health Economics,
Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 391-406, June.
- Kurt R. Brekke & Luigi Siciliani & Odd Rune Straume, 2014. "Hospital Mergers with Regulated Prices," NIPE Working Papers 10/2014, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Pedro Pita Barros & Xavier Martinez-Giralt, 2003. "Selecting Negotiation Processes with Health Care Providers," Working Papers 30, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Suchan Chae & Paul Heidhues, 2003.
"Buyers’ Alliances for Bargaining Power,"
CIG Working Papers
SP II 2003-24, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Ciliberto, Federico & Dranove, David, 2006. "The effect of physician-hospital affiliations on hospital prices in California," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 29-38, January.
- Brekke, Kurt R. & Siciliani, Luigi & Straume, Odd Rune, 2014. "Hospital Mergers with Regulated Prices," Discussion Paper Series in Economics 21/2014, Department of Economics, Norwegian School of Economics.
- Michiel Bijlsma & Viktoria Kocsis & Victoria Shestalova & Gijsbert Zwart, 2008. "Vertical foreclosure: a policy framework," CPB Document 157, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Barros, Pedro Pita & Martinez-Giralt, Xavier, 2008. "Selecting health care providers: "Any willing provider" vs. negotiation," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 402-414, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.