Vulture investors and the market for control of distressed firms
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Financial Economics.
Volume (Year): 43 (1997)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Brian L. Betker, 1995. "An Empirical Examination of Prepackaged Bankruptcy," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 24(1), Spring.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1985. "Using daily stock returns : The case of event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-31, March.
- Wruck, Karen Hopper, 1990. "Financial distress, reorganization, and organizational efficiency," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 419-444, October.
- Paul Asquith & Robert Gertner & David Scharfstein, 1991.
"Anatomy of Financial Distress: An Examination of Junk-Bond Issuers,"
NBER Working Papers
3942, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Asquith, Paul & Gertner, Robert & Scharfstein, David, 1994. "Anatomy of Financial Distress: An Examination of Junk-Bond Issuers," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 109(3), pages 625-58, August.
- Barclay, Michael J & Holderness, Clifford G, 1991. " Negotiated Block Trades and Corporate Control," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(3), pages 861-78, July.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-38, May.
- Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1986.
"Large Shareholders and Corporate Control,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(3), pages 461-88, June.
- Michael C. Jensen, 1991. "Corporate Control And The Politics Of Finance," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 4(2), pages 13-34.
- Gilson, Stuart C., 1990. "Bankruptcy, boards, banks, and blockholders : Evidence on changes in corporate ownership and control when firms default," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 355-387, October.
- Brown, David T. & James, Christopher M. & Mooradian, Robert M., 1994. "Asset sales by financially distressed firms," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 233-257, August.
- Mikkelson, Wayne H. & Partch, M. Megan, 1986. "Valuation effects of security offerings and the issuance process," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1-2), pages 31-60.
- Gilson, Stuart C., 1989. "Management turnover and financial distress," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 241-262, December.
- Gilson, Stuart C. & John, Kose & Lang, Larry H. P., 1990. "Troubled debt restructurings*1: An empirical study of private reorganization of firms in default," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 315-353, October.
- Khanna, Naveen & Poulsen, Annette B, 1995. " Managers of Financially Distressed Firms: Villains or Scapegoats?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(3), pages 919-40, July.
- Itzhak Gilboa & David Schmeidler, 2002.
"Inductive Inference: An Axiomatic Approach,"
NajEcon Working Paper Reviews
- Itzhak Gilboa & David Schmeidler, 2001. "Inductive Inference: An Axiomatic Approach," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1339, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Itzhak Gilboa & David Schmeidler, 2002. "Inductive Inference: An Axiomatic Approach," Levine's Working Paper Archive 391749000000000544, David K. Levine.
- Gilboa, I. & Schmeidler, D., 1999. "Inductive Inference: an Axiomatic Approach," Papers 29-99, Tel Aviv.
- Gilboa, I. & Schmeidler, D., 2001. "Inductive Inference: An Axiomatic Approach," Papers 2001-19, Tel Aviv.
- Ivo Welch & Arturo Bris, 2001.
"The Optimal Concentration of Creditors,"
Yale School of Management Working Papers
ysm248, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Apr 2004.
- Arturo Bris & Ivo Welch, 2001. "The Optimal Concentration of Creditors," NBER Working Papers 8652, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ivo Welch & Bris, Arturo, 2001. "The Optimal Concentration of Creditors," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1338, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Jan 2002.
- Timotheos Angelidis & Alexandros Benos, 2009.
"The Components of the Bid-Ask Spread: the Case of the Athens Stock Exchange,"
European Financial Management,
European Financial Management Association, vol. 15(1), pages 112-144.
- Timotheos Angelidis & Alexandros Benos, . "The Components of the Bid-Ask Spread: The case of the Athens Stock Exchange," Working Papers 0615, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Nicole Boyson & Robert Mooradian, 2011. "Corporate governance and hedge fund activism," Review of Derivatives Research, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 169-204, July.
- Chhaochharia, Vidhi & Laeven, Luc, 2008. "Sovereign Wealth Funds: Their Investment Strategies and Performance," CEPR Discussion Papers 6959, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Orbe Lizundia, Jesús María & Núñez Antón, Vicente Alfredo & Ferreira García, María Eva, 2001. "Analysis of Length of Time Spent in Chapter 11 Bankruptcy," BILTOKI 2001-01, Universidad del País Vasco - Departamento de Economía Aplicada III (Econometría y Estadística).
- Diana Bonfim & Daniel Dias & Christine Richmond, 2011. "What Happens After Default? Stylized Facts on Access to Credit," Working Papers w201101, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Gary Gorton & Matthias Kahl, 2002. "The Scarcity of Effective Monitors and Its Implications For Corporate Takeovers and Ownership Structures," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 02-30, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Gary Gorton & Matthias Kahl, 1999.
"Blockholder Identity, Equity Ownership Structures and Hostile Takeovers,"
Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers
99-19, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Gary Gorton & Matthias Kahl, 1999. "Blockholder Identity, Equity Ownership Structures, and Hostile Takeovers," NBER Working Papers 7123, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shourun Guo & Edie S. Hotchkiss & Weihong Song, 2008. "Do Buyouts (Still) Create Value?," NBER Working Papers 14187, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.