The influence of managerial incentives on the resolution of financial distress
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting.
Volume (Year): 32 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=102990
Managerial incentives; Financial distress resolution; G32; G33;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- G33 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Bankruptcy; Liquidation
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gilson, Stuart C., 1989. "Management turnover and financial distress," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 241-262, December.
- Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1986.
"Large Shareholders and Corporate Control,"
3606237, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1986. "Large Shareholders and Corporate Control," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(3), pages 461-88, June.
- Paul Asquith & Robert Gertner & David Scharfstein, 1991.
"Anatomy of Financial Distress: An Examination of Junk-Bond Issuers,"
NBER Working Papers
3942, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Asquith, Paul & Gertner, Robert & Scharfstein, David, 1994. "Anatomy of Financial Distress: An Examination of Junk-Bond Issuers," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, MIT Press, vol. 109(3), pages 625-58, August.
- Sris Chatterjee & Upinder S. Dhillon & Gabriel G. Ramirez, 1996. "Resolution of Financial Distress : Debt Restructurings via Chapter 11, Prepackaged Bankruptcies, and Workouts," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, Financial Management Association, vol. 25(1), Spring.
- Lucian Arye Bebchuk & Howard F. Chang, 1991.
"Bargaining and the Division of Value in Corporate Reorganization,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0097, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bebchuk, Lucian Ayre & Chang, Howard F, 1992. "Bargaining and the Division of Value in Corporate Reorganization," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(2), pages 253-79, April.
- Franks, Julian R & Torous, Walter N, 1989. " An Empirical Investigation of U.S. Firms in Reorganization," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, American Finance Association, vol. 44(3), pages 747-69, July.
- Gilson, Stuart C. & John, Kose & Lang, Larry H. P., 1990. "Troubled debt restructurings*1: An empirical study of private reorganization of firms in default," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 315-353, October.
- Giammarino, Ronald M, 1989. "The Resolution of Financial Distress," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 2(1), pages 25-47.
- Brown, David T. & James, Christopher M. & Mooradian, Robert M., 1994. "Asset sales by financially distressed firms," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 233-257, August.
- Nobuyuki Teshima, 2012. "Management Ownership and Risk-Shifting Investment," The Japanese Accounting Review, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University, vol. 2, pages 75-85, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.