Managers of Financially Distressed Firms: Villains or Scapegoats?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Finance Association in its journal Journal of Finance.
Volume (Year): 50 (1995)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- ter Weel, Bas, 2006. "Does Manager Turnover Improve Firm Performance? New Evidence Using Information from Dutch Soccer, 1986-2004," IZA Discussion Papers 2483, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gordon M. Phillips & Giorgo Sertsios, 2011. "How Do Firm Financial Conditions Affect Product Quality and Pricing?," NBER Working Papers 17233, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernile, Gennaro & Jarrell, Gregg A., 2009. "The impact of the options backdating scandal on shareholders," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1-2), pages 2-26, March.
- Jo-Ellen Pozner, 2008. "Stigma and Settling Up: An Integrated Approach to the Consequences of Organizational Misconduct for Organizational Elites," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 80(1), pages 141-150, June.
- Almeida, Heitor & Campello, Murillo & Weisbach, Michael S., 2011.
"Corporate financial and investment policies when future financing is not frictionless,"
Journal of Corporate Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 675-693, June.
- Heitor Almeida & Murillo Campello & Michael S. Weisbach, 2006. "Corporate Financial and Investment Policies when Future Financing is not Frictionless," NBER Working Papers 12773, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Almeida, Heitor & Campello, Murillo & Weisbach, Michael S., 2008. "Corporate Financial and Investment Policies When Future Financing Is Not Frictionless," Working Paper Series 2008-16, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Foreman, R. Dean, 2003. "A logistic analysis of bankruptcy within the US local telecommunications industry," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 135-166.
- Bruinshoofd, Allard & ter Weel, Bas, 2003.
"Manager to go? Performance dips reconsidered with evidence from Dutch football,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 148(2), pages 233-246, July.
- Bruinshoofd,Allard & Weel,Bas,ter, 2001. "Manager to go? Performance dips reconsidered with evidence from Dutch football," Research Memorandum 018, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Stefan Hilger & Ansgar Richter & Utz Schaeffer, 2013. "Hanging Together, Together Hung? Career Implications of Interpersonal Ties Between CEOs and Top Managers," BuR - Business Research, German Academic Association for Business Research, vol. 6(1), pages 8-32, May.
- Chang, Eric C. & Wong, Sonia M.L., 2009. "Governance with multiple objectives: Evidence from top executive turnover in China," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 230-244, April.
- Zahid Iqbal & Dan French, 2005. "Managerial actions and stock transactions during financial distress: Some empirical evidence," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 29(2), pages 154-171, June.
- Easterwood, John C. & İnce, Özgür Ş. & Raheja, Charu G., 2012. "The evolution of boards and CEOs following performance declines," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 727-744.
- Marisa Agostini & Giovanni Favero, 2012. "Accounting fraud, business failure and creative auditing: A micro-analysis of the strange case of Sunbeam Corp," Working Papers 12, Department of Management, Università Ca' Foscari Venezia, revised Mar 2013.
- Hotchkiss, Edith S. & Mooradian, Robert M., 1997. "Vulture investors and the market for control of distressed firms," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 401-432, March.
- Andrei Rachinsky, 2005. "Self Enforced Mechanisms of Corporate Governance: Evidence from Managerial Turnover in Russia," Working Papers w0051, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Gordon M Phillips & Vojislav Maksimovic, 1996. "Efficiency of Bankrupt Firms and Industry Conditions: Theory and Evidence," Working Papers 96-12, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- John Armour & B.R. Cheffins & D.A. Skeel Jr., 2002. "Corporate Ownership Structure and the Evolution of Bankruptcy Law in the US and UK," ESRC Centre for Business Research - Working Papers wp226, ESRC Centre for Business Research.
- Bas Weel, 2011. "Does Manager Turnover Improve Firm Performance? Evidence from Dutch Soccer, 1986–2004," De Economist, Springer, vol. 159(3), pages 279-303, September.
- Rahaman, Mohammad M., 2014. "Do managerial behaviors trigger firm exit? The case of hyperactive bidders," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 92-110.
- Farrell, Kathleen A. & Whidbee, David A., 2002. "Monitoring by the financial press and forced CEO turnover," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(12), pages 2249-2276.
- Chin-Tsai Lin & Yi-Hsien Wang, 2005. "An Analysis of Political Changes on Nikkei 225 Stock Returns and Volatilities," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 6(1), pages 169-183, May.
- Andres Giraldo & Juan Mendoza & Andrés Rosas & Dayana Tellez, 2013. "Managerial Turnover: Coach Dismissals and Team Performance in Colombia," DOCUMENTOS DE ECONOMÃA 011054, UNIVERSIDAD JAVERIANA - BOGOTÁ.
- Terence Tse & Khaled Soufani, 2001. "Wealth Effects of Takeovers in Merger Activity Eras: Empirical Evidence from the UK," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(3), pages 365-377.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.