Tiebout Economies with Differential Genetic Types and Endogenously Chosen Crowding Characteristics
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 98 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622869
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wooders, Myrna, 1978. "Equilibria, the core, and jurisdiction structures in economies with a local public good," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 328-348, August.
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 416.
- Wooders, Myrna Holtz, 1989. "A Tiebout theorem," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 33-55, August.
- Demange, G., 1991.
"Intermediate Preferences and Stable Coalition Structures,"
DELTA Working Papers
91-16, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Demange, Gabrielle, 1994. "Intermediate preferences and stable coalition structures," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 45-58, January.
- Thomas J. Nechyba, 1996.
"Existence of Equilibrium and Stratification in Local and Hierarchical Tiebout Economies with Property Taxes and Voting,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0190, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas. J. Nechyba, 1997. "Existence of equilibrium and stratification in local and hierarchical Tiebout economies with property taxes and voting," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 277-304.
- Kollman, Ken & Miller, John H & Page, Scott E, 1997. "Political Institutions and Sorting in a Tiebout Model," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(5), pages 977-92, December.
- Benabou, Roland, 1996. "Heterogeneity, Stratification, and Growth: Macroeconomic Implications of Community Structure and School Finance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 584-609, June.
- Wooders, Myrna Holtz, 1994. "Equivalence of Games and Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(5), pages 1141-60, September.
- Epple, Dennis & Romano, Richard E, 1998. "Competition between Private and Public Schools, Vouchers, and Peer-Group Effects," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(1), pages 33-62, March.
- Brueckner, J.K., 1990.
"Tastes, Skills, And Local Public Goods,"
8, John Deutsch Institute for the Study of Economic Policy.
- Wooders, Myrna Holtz, 1988. "Stability of jurisdiction structures in economies with local public goods," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 29-49, February.
- Kalai, Ehud & Postlewaite, Andrew & Roberts, John, 1979.
"A group incentive compatible mechanism yielding core allocations,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 13-22, February.
- Ehud Kalai, 1978. "A Group Incentive Compatible Mechanism Yielding Core Allocation," Discussion Papers 329, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Robert P. Gilles & Suzanne Scotchmer & Dimitrios Diamantaras, 1996. "Decentralization of Pareto optima in economies with public projects, nonessential private goods and convex costs (☆)," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 555-564.
- Wooders, Myrna, 1980. "The Tiebout Hypothesis: Near Optimality in Local Public Good Economies," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(6), pages 1467-85, September.
- Wooders, Myrna Holtz, 1983. "The epsilon core of a large replica game," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 277-300, July.
- Ellickson, Bryan, 1979. "Competitive equilibrium with local public goods," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 46-61, August.
- Berglas, Eitan, 1976. "Distribution of tastes and skills and the provision of local public goods," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 409-423, November.
- Bewley, Truman F, 1981. "A Critique of Tiebout's Theory of Local Public Expenditures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(3), pages 713-40, May.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1980. "Efficiency and Decentralization in the Pure Theory of Public Goods," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 94(4), pages 625-41, June.
- Conley, John P. & Wooders, Myrna, 1996. "Taste-homogeneity of optimal jurisdictions in a Tiebout economy with crowding types and endogenous educational investment choices," Ricerche Economiche, Elsevier, vol. 50(4), pages 367-387, December.
- John P. Conley & Myrna Wooders, 1998.
"Anonymous Lindahl Pricing in a Tiebout Economy with Crowding Types,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 31(4), pages 952-974, November.
- John P. Conley & Myrna Holtz Wooders, 1995. "Anonymous Lindahl Pricing in a Tiebout Economy with Crowding Types," Working Papers mwooders-98-02, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Diamantaras, Dimitrios & Gilles, Robert P & Scotchmer, Suzanne, 1996. "Decentralization of Pareto Optima in Economies with Public Projects, Nonessential Private Goods and Convex Costs," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 555-64, October.
- Littlechild, Stephen C, 1975. "Common Costs, Fixed Charges, Clubs and Games," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(1), pages 117-24, January.
- Westhoff, Frank, 1977. "Existence of equilibria in economies with a local public good," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 84-112, February.
- de Bartolome, Charles A M, 1990. "Equilibrium and Inefficiency in a Community Model with Peer Group Effects," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(1), pages 110-33, February.
- Martin Shubik & Myrna Holtz Wooders, 1982. "Near-Markets and Market Games," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 657, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.