Identifying and measuring public policy goals: ISTEA and the US bus transit industry
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization.
Volume (Year): 48 (2002)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- J. M. Bates, 1997. "Measuring predetermined socioeconomic 'inputs' when assessing the efficiency of educational outputs," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(1), pages 85-93.
- O'Regan, Katherine M. & Quigley, John M., 1998.
"Accessibility and Economic Opportunity,"
Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy, Working Paper Series
qt94s780fq, Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy.
- John M. Quigley & Katherine M. O'Regan, 1998. "Accessibility and Economic Opportunity," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm100, Yale School of Management.
- O'Regan, Katherine M. & Quigley, John M., 1997. "Accessibility and Economic Opportunity," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt37h6t700, University of California Transportation Center.
- Seiford, Lawrence M. & Thrall, Robert M., 1990. "Recent developments in DEA : The mathematical programming approach to frontier analysis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 7-38.
- Viton, Philip A., 1997. "Technical efficiency in multi-mode bus transit: A production frontier analysis," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 23-39, February.
- De Borger, Bruno & Kerstens, Kristiaan, 1996. "Cost efficiency of Belgian local governments: A comparative analysis of FDH, DEA, and econometric approaches," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 145-170, April.
- Jaume Puig-Junoy, 1998. "Measuring health production performance in the OECD," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(4), pages 255-259.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Kerstens, K., 1996. "Technical efficiency measurement and explanation of French urban transit companies," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 431-452, November.
- DE BORGER, Bruno & KERSTENS, Kristiaan & STAAT, Matthias, 2008.
"Transit costs and cost efficiency: Bootstrapping non-parametric frontiers,"
2008012, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- de Borger, Bruno & Kerstens, Kristiaan & Staat, Matthias, 2008. "Transit costs and cost efficiency: Bootstrapping non-parametric frontiers," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 53-64, January.
- Bruno De Borger & Kristiaan Kerstens & Matthias Staat, 2008. "Transit Costs and Cost Efficiency: Bootstrapping Nonparametric Frontiers," Working Papers 2008-ECO-08, IESEG School of Management.
- Chiou, Yu-Chiun & Lan, Lawrence W. & Yen, Barbara T.H., 2010. "A joint measurement of efficiency and effectiveness for non-storable commodities: Integrated data envelopment analysis approaches," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 201(2), pages 477-489, March.
- Chiou, Yu-Chiun & Lan, Lawrence W. & Yen, Barbara T.H., 2012. "Route-based data envelopment analysis models," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 415-425.
- José Lorenzo & Isabel Sánchez, 2007. "Efficiency evaluation in municipal services: an application to the street lighting service in Spain," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 149-162, June.
- Yu, Ming-Miin & Fan, Chih-Ku, 2008. "The effects of privatization on return to the dollar: A case study on technical efficiency, and price distortions of Taiwan's intercity bus services," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 42(6), pages 935-950, July.
- Chiu, Yung-ho & Huang, Chin-wei & Ma, Chun-Mei, 2011. "Assessment of China transit and economic efficiencies in a modified value-chains DEA model," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 209(2), pages 95-103, March.
- Yu, Ming-Miin, 2008. "Assessing the technical efficiency, service effectiveness, and technical effectiveness of the world's railways through NDEA analysis," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 42(10), pages 1283-1294, December.
- K. Obeng, 2011. "Indirect production function and the output effect of public transit subsidies," Transportation, Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 191-214, March.
- Halkos, George & Tzeremes, Nickolaos, 2012. "Measuring seaports’ productivity: A Malmquist productivity index decomposition approach," MPRA Paper 40174, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.