The Effect of Incentive Regulation in Telecommunications in the United States
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Quality and Quantity.
Volume (Year): 37 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/11135
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Majumdar, Sumit K, 1997. "Incentive Regulation and Productive Efficiency in the U.S. Telecommunications Industry," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70(4), pages 547-76, October.
- Moses Abramovitz, 1956. "Resource and Output Trends in the United States Since 1870," NBER Chapters, in: Resource and Output Trends in the United States Since 1870, pages 1-23 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Battese, G E & Coelli, T J, 1995. "A Model for Technical Inefficiency Effects in a Stochastic Frontier Production Function for Panel Data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 325-32.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Seiford, Lawrence M. & Thrall, Robert M., 1990. "Recent developments in DEA : The mathematical programming approach to frontier analysis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 7-38.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Moses Abramovitz, 1956. "Resource and Output Trends in the United States Since 1870," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number abra56-1, September.
- Uri, Noel D., 2000. "Price caps and the error in X-factor calculations," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 329-339, December.
- Isaac, R Mark, 1991. "Price Cap Regulation: A Case Study of Some Pitfalls of Implementation," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 193-210, June.
- Kridel, Donald J & Sappington, David E M & Weisman, Dennis L, 1996. "The Effects of Incentive Regulation in the Telecommunications Industry: A Survey," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 269-306, May.
- Majumdar, Sumit K., 1995. "X-efficiency in emerging competitive markets: The case of U.S. telecommunications," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 129-144, January.
- Brennan, Timothy J, 1989. "Regulating by Capping Prices," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 133-47, June.
- Ying, John S & Shin, Richard T, 1993. "Costly Gains to Breaking Up: LECs and the Baby Bells," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(2), pages 357-61, May.
- Mitchell,Bridger M. & Vogelsang,Ingo, 1992.
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521426787.
- Reifschneider, David & Stevenson, Rodney, 1991. "Systematic Departures from the Frontier: A Framework for the Analysis of Firm Inefficiency," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 32(3), pages 715-23, August.
- Binswanger, Hans P, 1974.
"The Measurement of Technical Change Biases with Many Factors of Production,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 64(6), pages 964-76, December.
- Binswanger, Hans P., 1973. "The Measurement Of Technical Change Biases With Many Factors Of Production," Staff Papers 14205, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Resende, Marcelo, 2000. "Regulatory Regimes and Efficiency in US Local Telephony," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 52(3), pages 447-70, July.
- Stevenson, Rodney E., 1980. "Likelihood functions for generalized stochastic frontier estimation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 57-66, May.
- Sherman, Roger, 1992. "Capital Waste in the Rate-of-Return Regulated Firm," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 197-204, June.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C & Ghosh, Soumendra & McGuckin, J Thomas, 1991. "A Generalized Production Frontier Approach for Estimating Determinants of Inefficiency in U.S. Dairy Farms," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 9(3), pages 279-86, July.
- Cabral, Luis M B & Riordan, Michael H, 1989. "Incentives for Cost Reduction under Price Cap Regulation," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 93-102, June.
- Jennequin, Hugues & Flacher, David & Lorenzi, Jean-Hervé, 2006. "Innovation, investment and regulation : What are the options for regulation in the near future ?," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/119, Paris Dauphine University.
- Flacher, David & Jennequin, Hugues & Lorenzi, Jean-Hervé, 2006. "Innovation, Investment and Regulation: What are the Options for Regulation in the Near Future?," MPRA Paper 3573, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chia-Chin Chang & Shiu-Wan Hung & Sin-Yi Huang, 2013. "Evaluating the operational performance of knowledge-based industries: the perspective of intellectual capital," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 47(3), pages 1367-1383, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.